Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

R3xi-thirdparty...

i created outbound proxy in XI box then what are the next steps to do.

after finishing configuaration in XI box what we ned to done on R3 side..

and how trigger data from R3 (IDOC and RFC).

If i am using server ABAP proxy ...what different steps i have to do while configuring proxy compare with client proxy...

Regards

Kumar..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>i created outbound proxy in XI box then what are the next steps to do.

we dont create proxy in the XI system,instead we have to create them on the R/3 side.

just write a proxy on the R/3 side and shoot the data via that to the XI system

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

do we use SPROXY T-code in R3 box ...then i got one doubt how the all the interfaces we created in XI box will appear in R3 box if we using R3 to create proxy .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

yes u gotta goto SPROXY and if the connection between R/3 and XI is proper u can see all the message interfaces over there,you dont need to manually import it in R/3

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

means while we cofiguring client and server proxies we do that is T-code SPROXY of their respective R3 systems not in the XI box....

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes is ur Correct we do it in ABAP box. if you dont ABAP we can do it in XI box itself with different clients using ABAP stack

AaronLong
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The idea behind is XI does the communication in terms of interfaces, which you can see via SPROXY on ur R/3 business system that we also call local integration Engine. You generate the ABAP class (PROXY) based on the interface definition and revise the code there on your business system.

hope this make it clearer.

Cheers,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sreeram and Aaron.

How we trigger that data in R3(IDOC & RFC)..

Former Member
0 Kudos

sreeram could you tell me how we can do that in XI box....

Former Member
0 Kudos

for RFC run the Functuion module and for IDOC trigger the IDOC with change pointer orany transaction are idoc test tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishna,

For Server proxy.....

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies - Activate Proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies - ABAP Server Proxy

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Client Proxy

I hope this will help you..

kumar.S