How to test xi projects?

shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

XI is about messaging. So the way to test an XI implementation would be to test the messaging. Two options for doing that...

1. Test the implementation without the Application systems. The plain J2SE adapter really comes in handy here. You can use it to send an XML file to the Integration Server, check whether it is getting through the pipeline as intended (which means the routing, the mappings, etc), and let it pop out to a file somewhere. You can check all the steps the message has gone through from the XML monitor (sxmb_moni).

2. Test the actual implementation with the application systems. For this you would use the testing tools of the application itself.

I do not know of any automated tools for testing XI configuration, or any way of testing it without actually sending a message across.

But in order to test the IDOC ,Go to the payload section in SXMB_MONI ,and then download the payload into an XML format and the go to IR--> Message Mapping and then upload it using the test tab and then test it.Its one way to test the errors.

With Regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can test your entire XI integration scenario in INTEGRATION DIRECTORY

Goto----->Tools--

> Test Configuration

One more option..

In RWB->Component Monitoring->Integration server, choose tab 'Test Message', put appropriate values for sender and receiver there, and also username/password, and copy the XML payload into the payload area. Then hit 'Send Message'. The message will be sent to Integration Server.

If i'm wrong correct me....

Thanks,

kumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to test a configuration scenario end to end ?

please explain what you mean by xi project.