cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having problems connecting to our R/3 Message server via JCO. I have done all the necessary entries(service file, host file and the group in R/3) as mentioned in various threads,but i am stil not able neither connect or ping the Metadata JCO destination.

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=XXXXXX GROUP=PORTAL R3NAME=XXX MSSERV=sapmsXXX PCS=1 ERROR service '?' unknown TIME Tue Aug 28 10:07:19 2007 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 COUNTER 1

I am able to connect to the Application server via JCO but not the message server.

Thanks and Regards

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You must to add an entry in the file services over c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc.

sapmsXXX 3200 # Message Server Port

It will fix this problem!

Regards,

Luciano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luciano,

I have already made an entry in the services file.

Thanks.

Regards

Prakash

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luciano,

The logon groups are configured correctly. The jco connection works for my colleagues but doesn't work for me. I have done everything i should for this to work but still its not.

Regards

Prakash

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Prakash,

Take a careful look at the message: "ERROR service '?' unknown"

If you did the changes at the services file and didn't restart the server it can be the problem. It is a guess... Sometimes it works!

Regards,

Luciano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luciano,

I have restarted both my machine and the server several times but still no luck. My Application data connection works without a problem.

Regards

Prakash