cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical Steps and time frames in a project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can some body give me a general guideline on the steps in a fresh APO-DP, SNP configuration along with their time frames? It will be very helpful if any one can refer to any information pointers.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj -

It depends on the methodology that you go adopt to implement SAP.

The time frame for the project depends on the size of company you are working with and their requirements and other factors also weigh in. Normal DP implementation takes minimum 4 to 6 months. SNP is Data intensive and it interacts with R/3. It takes normally around 6 to 9 months to implement SNP.

ASAP is the normal and most common adopted methodology

Here i am also doing a fresh implementation

The following steps is that what i took

1) Pre Design Phase : meeting the Stake holders, gathering the business reqs. Preparing a small pilot for them with the As-Is process and with soem inbuilt functionality in DP.

2) Design Phase: Gather the teams in a room, conduct workshops, gather the business reqs, prepare a prototype with the reqs, identify the gaps between the system and needed functionality and build the design document along with functional specifications.

3) Realization: Convert the design into reality by mapping the business reqs to the system do a sample test run on the system you have mapped it too. prepare your technical specs and get the functionality needed incorporated into the system.

4) Final prep: transport your base line config to the golden client (production box), prepare for cut over.

5) Go-live support.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN Addition to Suresh's reply

Most of the time 2-3 months take to understand the as is process, If Client is already on R/3 and having set business processes, Less time will take to implement the APO.

For DP implementation of one Site take 4 to 5 Months if it has less interface with the other than R/3 legacy system

SNP 6 to 8 Months.

If it parallel for DP and SNP it takes 6 to 9 Months.