cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can any one help me about business system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to use the same Business System(BS) for both target system and source system, does it possible to use in realtime, if so in what situations do we go for single business system for both source system and target system.

thanks,

dhanush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dhanush,

<i>Is it possible to use the same Business System(BS) for both target system and source system</i>

-- Of course you can.

<b>Just my comment</b>: According my understanding its nothing like that the Business System created for Database system can't be used for File System.But we don't do that, coz then there is no meaning for creating Busines System for different systems.Also Business system becomes more effective in case of R/3 to XI or vice versa b'coz of the logical system name must be same.<b><i>(Friends please correct me if my understanding is wrong).</i></b>

Real time scenario- Like if you want to move File from one folder to other folder after applying or not applying business transformations within same Business system.

Consider one more scenario:Sender File Business system , Calling Database Business System channel Synchronously writing Response back to the same file Business system. In the above case File is the sender/receiver. (Scenario using BPM).

I hope the above examples and comments helps u understanding lil bit!!

-raj.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check out these related threads

Thanks

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<u>Is it possible to use the same Business System(BS) for both target system and source system,</u>

Yes

<i>does it possible to use in realtime</i>

Yes

<i>if so in what situations do we go for single business system for both source system and target system.</i>

e.g. A file to file scenario where same FTP server is taken into account.

Note that the Business System is just a logical abstraction of the system. We generally create separate business system for separate systems bcoz it provides a logical difference between the systems in the landscape thereby reducing the complexity of the landscape

Regards,

Prateek

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dhanush,

I'm quite sure that it is possible to use the same Business System(BS) for both target system and source system,

I had never seen this scenario, But i can think about the next scenario, (I don't know if anybody did it, but it make sense to me)

Let say that you have a Value mapping (a->b, c->d) that all your systems using and you don't want to create a cache at any system, so you call the XI that make the mapping and give you back the response,

Best regards,

Guza