cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add new directory to AL11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to add a new directory to AL11, in my XI system (version 7.0).

I press the Configure button, add the new directory path, the new Alias name, and the server name. Then I press the Save icon, and return to the main AL11 screen.

However, the new entry never appears. I have tried many times with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Don't enter the server name. This seems to work for me on XI 7.0 SP12.

The screen from the configure button is quite strange, I could not figure out what do the Add and Retrieve buttons...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Olivier,

Excellent, thank you, that worked! I agree about the buttons. From what I figured, pressing the Add button erases the current entries so you can add another new entry without having to return to the previous screen and pressing the Configure button again.

Which brings me to one more question ...

I have an entry I would like to delete from the main page of AL11, but I cannot find a Delete button. Would you also know how to remove an entry?

I tried using the Configure button to try and edit the unwanted entry (i.e. blank out the fields and press Save), but it only created an additional copy of the unwanted entry!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joyce,

I had the same problem and I could not find a way to delete an entry from AL11.

So here is my workaround : I use SE16 on table USER_DIR.

Press Execute on the selection screen, you will see you user defined directories.

Select the line you want to delete and use the Menu

Table Entry --> Delete and press an the "Delete entry" Button.

This does not work on a system where customizing is locked.

For a production system, I think we have to transport the entries from USER_DIR but it is a good thing from a security point of view.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joyce,

deleting an existing entry in AL11:

- press 'Configure' button

- choose an existing entry using the F4 list of the "for Directory Name" field

- press the 'Retrieve' button

- choose 'Edit' - 'Delete' from the menu

btw: the entry of the "Enter Server name" field has to be given as <hostname>_<SID>_<Instance-No.> (e.g. hostname_C11_00) if the directory is dedicated to one special instance. Otherwise it is sufficient to ignore the field. In this case "all" is inserted automatically which will enable this directory to displayed on all instances of the system.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the trick.

The ergonomy of AL11 is so "special" that I did not figure out the deletion process !

It's much better then my method with SE16.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael, Olivier,

Thank you both for your help, it works now!

Thanks!

Joyce

Answers (0)