cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on Logical System naming

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Web AS ABAP Technical system ES1 with a client 100 assigned as a Logical system ES1CLNT100.

I also have a Business system BS_ES1 running on this with a Logical System name ES1CLNT100 i.e. the same as the technical system (this is a test system and no I did not set this up myself).

I assume that I need to change the logical system ID of the business system to something different, say BSES1. Is that correct?

If I use that BS_ES1 business system as the receiving system for IDocs, do I need to enter the logical system name in SALE for the receiving system that receives the IDocs?

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes you can change the Logical System name and you have to maintain them accordingly in SALE for proper transfer of IDOCS.

Regards,

SriHari Bandi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Were you allowed to create 2 Business Systems in the SLD with the same logical System Name? That is strange?

Even though maybe you can do this at the SLD, when you try to import it into the ID, you will be unable to activate the Business System in ID.

There can be one and only one business system in the ID that uses one Logical System Name.

Regards

Bhavesh