cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not APO expert. I do SAP SD. I want to confirm whehter it is possible not to create subitem after GATP.

In my system, the item in sales order will go to GATP then GATP give confirmed schedule line info. I just click the button of copy all. In my sales order, the new item is created for original item as its subitem by GATP. Is it standard GATP functionality? Can we only confirm schedule line or create new schedule line for order item INSTEAD OF creating a new subitem in SO?

Thanks a lot.

Allan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks you are talking sales BOM explosion - GATP returns Schedule lines which are further considered in planning to explode BOM- There is functionality called Multi LEvel ATP in GATP which can help you explode BOM and check component availability.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I dun want GATP to confirm child items. My requirement is that GATP check parent item then after GATP, parent item can do BOM explosion in sales order.

Now GATP can assign the correct plant and after GATP, it will generate a subitem in sales order. No matter which item - original or GATP subitem, I can not explode BOM in sales order. That is my problem.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Allan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Allan,

I guess you are using Rules Based ATP check in ATP .Thats why you get sub-items . This is a standard functionality.

thanks,

shan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shan,

If so, can it be disabled in APO or R/3 ? easy work or complicated?

Best regards,

Allan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

can you please tell us what are the APO - GATP functionalities are used? Depending on it we will able to suggest you the solution.

Manually you will able to change it. Disable it in APO or R/3 means you will not able to get benifits of GATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

We use GATP to confirm schedule line and get a source plant for the material. For me, I need to explode sales BOM after GATP. However, I can not do it as the GATP subitem is sourcing item. Not sure what I should fix - GATP or R/3 BOM explosion. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

FireKylin