cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging a SAPScript print program

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to debug a SAPScript print program but it won't stop at the break point. I wen to se71 and activated the SAPScript debugger. I then went to SE80 and put a break point at the entry routine. Next I went to VA02 and printed an order confirmation. The program should have broke at the Entry routine but it didn't. Do you have any idea what else I need to do?

Ultimately what I need to do is to figure out what the value of VBDKA-TDNAME is. We are using that as an include name on the order confirmation and I need to duplicate that on the picklist.

Regards,

Davis

Message was edited by:

Davis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The problem is that the output is fired in the update task, so you must go into debugger while in VA02 and before you save the document, and turn on the "Update Debugging" once this is turned on, I think that you may stop at your breakpoint in your print program.

While in debugger, choose "Settings" --> "Update Debugging".

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rich,

I tried to do what you suggested but it didn't allow me to stop at the break-point.

Here is why I need to debug the program. Our sales orders just crossed over the number range for ITOs (inter company transfer orders). Where we are including the header text of the sales order it is pulling the header info of the ITO that has the same order number (from the numbers crossing). I need to figure out where/how to pull the header information based on the order type. The Order Confirmation is pulling the correct header text but I am unsure how it is doing that. I need to determine what the text name is from the Order Confirmation. On the Picklist the text name is the sales order number.

I hope that made sense.

Davis