cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

color pallet - xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to assign a color - E5FFE5 in xMII display template. This is a light green shade.

But this shows as a white color in xMII

Could there be any problem with my xMII installation. Appreciate your ideas.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Is this showing even white color when u slide the color bar to other code than #EEFFE5, say for #0000000(for black) is this showing white color? if yes, then check Template Editor installtion, or for quick task u may set the desired color for the chart from Javascript using this method

<b>document.iChart.getChartObject().setMainBackgroundColor("#EEFFE5");</b>

Otherwise, if this is showing black color for the code #000000, then be careful to note the changing color while sliding the bar from 0 to the desired color code.

Regards

Som

Please feel to ask furthers if necessary

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please don't post incorrect and misleading JavaScript in the forum!

When setting a Color property through script you must create a color object first, unless a special method exists (the method typically ends with AsString(xxx) indicating that the parameter receives the desired color string).

In a display template the colors do in fact get set as the string pattern, and if you are overloading the parameter in the html applet tags like:

<b><PARAM NAME="MainBackgroundColor" VALUE="#EEFFE5"></b>

then it works just like a template, but the here is the proper way to do what you incorrectly posted:

<b>var myColor = document.iChart.createColor("#EEFFE5");

document.iChart.getChartObject().setMainBackgroundColor(myColor);

document.iChart.updateChart(false);</b>

The .updateChart(false) method then forces the applet to repaint itself without running the query again.

Regards,

Jeremy

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What specific property? Are you using the Display Template Editor to do this or html or javascript?

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

I am using the Display template (iChart) and setting the Chart Background Color.

(EEFFE5)

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you setting (EEFFE5) through javascript code or directly in the display template?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan,

Directly in the Display template

Regards

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the applet renders, try using the chart properties dialog from the right-click menu to adjust the colors. This will be a good way to immediately see the changes.

If this works then either your page is referencing the wrong display template, you have an html parameter in the applet definition that is overriding the display template, or you possibly didn't clear the java cache.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Tried using the chart properties to adjust the Background color as you suggested. As I slide the bar to EEFFE5, I still see a white color even in the color selection window.

Thanks for your inputs.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can select and see this color without any problems. What are the color settings for your screen resolution? Is it possible that you are only running a low-end 256 colors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Screen resolution is 1024 x 768

Color quality is low 8 bit

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do basic colors work? Try upping your color depth and see what happens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you clear your java console or save the display before viewing it?