cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down by key not working properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

I'm using dropdowns by keys. If i want to select any element from the list I can use the first letter to get the one i want with the list still opened.

However, if the dropdown has the onSelect event asociated to a method, when using a letter key, the first element of the list that matches is selected. Moreover, sometimes I can only select an item by scrolling with the mouse.

Is there any workaround to keep the first functionality? does it have something to do with the version? I'm using the 2004s 7.00 SP6

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The functionality u mentioned is not posibble using the dropdown by key.

The DropdownbyKey is implemented by key-value pair.

For your requirement, if the no.of values are more that u can't put it in a drop down,

U can use the "Value Selector",which will match ur requirement.

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that I wasn't accurate enough.

I already have it working. the list I try to use is one to select a country, so it is a country's drop down by key list.

I have two lists of countries: the first doesn't have an event on select asociated and the second does. The list with the event works as I expect it to work: I can press a letter key and list locate the first country with the name starting with the letter and with the list still opened I'm able to select anothe one close to it or use a scroll that appears because the list is a little long.

I don't want to use to a value selector because then I'd have to validate the country's key (of course I'm using key-value pairs to mae it work)

the problem is that for the secon list, the one with the event asociated, when pressing the letter key, the list selects the first country and it closes itself. Moreover, sometimes (I haven't discovered exacltly when) I can only select a country using the scroll that appears. So, it's not working like the one with no events associated.

Any help???

Thank you!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro:

I've created 2 DropDownByKey(1-without onSelect Event, 2-with onSelectEvent) with same values defined in Simple Types as per your requirements.

Now coming to selecting the values by pressing the FirstLetter of value is taking me to the first occurrence of the value and i can select the next values using mouse or keyboard and the DropDown is still OPEN in both the Cases. I mean its open for DropDown without onSelect() and for DropDown with onSelect() event, and it never closed by itself. I've even tested the same on portal, it was working as you wanted.

I'm on 2004s 7.00 SP10 (EP), 7.0.09 (NWDS), so plz do check with the updated versions. It may solve your problem. Let me know if need any more info.

Tnx,

MS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know where I can find the fixed bugs of the different releases? I'm using an older version, and it may be the problem indeed. But I cannot update the version if I'm not sure it's going to fix the problem.

Thanks a lot!

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The temporary solution could be create a dummy event method (blank) and bind it to onSelect.

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro:

Thises are very specific problems, and will be fixed up in the coming versions. So it might be fixed in the version that i'm working. Regd your qustion, we need search at market place into detail, or you can always open a Note.

Or as Abhilash said, you make use of dummy Event method > would solve your problem.

Tnx,

MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, what would be the process to solve the problem using the dummy event??

I want to use the event to execute some actions. So I don't know what UI Element I should assotiate that dummy event to!

Thanks a lot!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I sent a message to sap and they said that it was a version problem too.. thanks a lot!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to contact SAP? Even i want to contact SAP, Please send me details, How to contact SAP.

Thanks,

Sandy

Former Member