cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Module Generation: Error: java.lang.NullPointerException in RWB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello XI Xpert's,

I am following below SDN blog to generate file module...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/da5675d1-0301-0010-9584-f6c...

I have done all steps as mentioned using NWDS. We have sucessfully deployed same on J2EE engine using SDM. SDM logs shows that it is sucessfully deployed.

I have configured Sender File adapter to call my customised module.( Called before standard file module).

But when I checked in RWB, its gives me error :

Sender Adapter v2703 for Party '', Service 'BS_DEV_XI_401_NA':

Configured at 2007-08-27 12:28:14 EDT

History:

- 2007-08-27 12:32:04 EDT: Retry interval started. Length: 2.000 s

- 2007-08-27 12:32:04 EDT: Error: java.lang.NullPointerException

- 2007-08-27 12:32:04 EDT: An unknown error occured.

- 2007-08-27 12:32:04 EDT: Processing started

- 2007-08-27 12:32:02 EDT: Error: java.lang.NullPointerException

If I do not put any file in respective folder status of Sender Communication channel shows as green...as soon as put any file in folder its getting red with above mention error.

I have gone thru almost all SDN blogs/thread ..I also tried to debug code as mentioned in thread..

But unfortunately it never goes to that point...hence never updates Log.

In audit log I am getting same message..

2007-08-27 12:42:50 Error Attempt to process file failed with null

2007-08-27 12:42:50 Error Attempt to process file failed with java.lang.NullPointerException

2007-08-27 12:42:52 Success Channel Sys_Dev_File_Client: Entire file content converted to XML format

2007-08-27 12:42:52 Success Send text file "/usr/sap/tmp/ifATJmgs.csv", size 120436, character encoding ISO646-US with QoS EO

2007-08-27 12:42:52 Error Attempt to process file failed with null

2007-08-27 12:42:52 Error Attempt to process file failed with java.lang.NullPointerException

But could not find my Custom Message... There is any way by which I can check if its calling my Custom Module itself?

There is any setting / parameters which we need to do on J2EE engine in order to activate call to custome module?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like your using .csv file as the input file, are you doing content conversion in your sender file adapter. If yes, then the can you please share the source structure , the output of FCC which acts as the input to the module and the source data type structure.

the output xml structure of the module should be the same as that of the source data type including the namespace etc..

Cheer's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am doing content conversion...but problem here is its not picking up my module bean only....do we have to set any variable on Server to point to class files?

Nilesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

After going through Visual Admin Logs as well as TraceLog, we realised there was some issue with JCo connection and its was not able to access target directory itself where bean was residing...

Thanks to all of you for your valuable inputs.

Nilesh

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

try to check the defaulttrace log under Log Viewer service in Visual Admin.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique..

Thanks for your propmt reply...

VA Log says...

Module Exception 'com.sap.aii.af.mp.processor.ModuleProcessorException: local bean not found localejbs/sap.com/com.oc.FileModule1/GetFileNameBean' found, cause: null#

Nilesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The article is outdated,

SAP has provided a simpler method to read the source filename in the sender file adapter.

More in this SAP note 819761, including code to be used,

Regards

Bhavesh

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There you go, then.

Make sure you use the proper name used to deploy the EJB.

To se the exact name of your module, go to JNDI service in Visual Admin and check it there.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I agree with you...but my concern is, its not calling my Bean / class at all...As I said even after setting debugger to update Audit log, its not upating my audit log.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henrique,

Module seems to be correct...I cross checked again.

One query...where we can see our java class files on J2EE when we deploy project.

Nilesh

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Im not sure about the folder, but you should see the deployed EJBs in JNDI service.

Well, the log in VA does say that the problem was that it couldn't find a bean with the name you provided.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

But I did complete check again...and I can see my deployed EJB on J2EE engine.

Do we have to set any variable like classpath on server to refer to custom module.

Nilesh

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is strange, but in that document of yours it never says anything about the JNDI name in the ejb-j2ee-engine.xml file.

Check this doc here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3bdc14e1-0901-0010-b5a9-a01e29d7...

According to it, if you properly configure the ejb-j2ee-engine.xml file, then you'd call your module using "localejbs/<JNDIName>".

Regards,

Henrique.