cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key field in sender file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using FCC ( sender) to convert a flat file into XML .I have a record structure of the following type : HEADER,1,DETAIL,,SUBDETAIL, . The problem is i dont have any KEYFIELD in HEADER or DETAIL or SUBDETAIL . Is it possible to do FCC with out having KEYFIELD.

Regards,

Tarun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun !

You don't have any data that relates details with subdetails? Are the records ordered in source structure to define which subdetails belongs to which detail?

Maybe you can process detail and subdetails structures as one (as a raw line of characters) and then via mapping, split the fields and get the lines in order to determine which subdetails belongs to what detail..

Regards,

Matias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

I do have a combination of fields using which i can identify , which subdetails belong to which detail . So according to you , i need to process details and subdetails as one record and relate them in the mapping , Cant we do that in the File adapter , Should the KEYFIELD value be a fixed value in all the records??

Regards,

Tarun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun !

Could you show me an example of your source file (header, detail and subdetail) to see what can we do?

There is a thread that might help you:

Regards,

Matias.