cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get List of Production Orders in xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm currently trying to get a list of Production Orders in xMII by calling a RFC with the JCO Action.

In the templates related to PP/PDC the RFC BAPI_PRODORD_GETLIST is used.

But in my Test/Development System the RFC isn't there. It is version SAP Enterprise R/3 4.7 X200.

Anybody has an idea how I can get this list with an synchronous RFC call from within xMII?

By the way, I have another System that has the RFC mentioned above. But when I configure this System in the JCO Function in xMII and try to get an list of existing RFCs all the RFC names are cut after the 15th character. Even if I insert the full name of an RFC manually the function call doesn't work and says something like "RFC doesn't exist". Does anybody know this behavior and has a solution for it?

Thanks for help!

Greetings

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Have you tried looking under Downloads->manufacturing. There you will find sample transactions for misc. purposes. And I think also you will find this one.

BR.

Poul

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've configured the IDoc Listener in xMII now and I'm able to send the production orders manually and also to trigger the send from within xMII by calling the mentioned RFC.

If I make a rule that each incoming IDoc is processed by an transaction I tried to count the amount in a global property. Could it be, that more than one IDoc is processed at the same time? Because the value stored in the global property is not the same as processed IDocs. For example if I received 30 IDocs the value is something between 5 and 7.

Is there a simple way to "synchronize" this? I trigger the download from within a transaction and want to wait then until all incoming IDocs have been processed, before I continue the execution.

The second problem is solved now. I made a support call and they told me to check that the language settings in xMII and the target SAP system have both to be english. Now I changed the language in xMII to english and it works!

Thank you for help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am not an expert in SAP, but have worked a little with downloading production orders from SAP to Production. Our SAP version is (i think, 4.7).

And my example, I am using this function call BAPI_CONTROL_RECIPE_GET_LIST.

Further, I have got this link describing the interface further

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/277bb590-0201-0010-a992-f785fb7a...

BR.

Poul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Poul,

I have not been able to look @ the link provided but my understanding is that Control Recipes are actually associated with Process Orders and not Production Orders.

These are two different objects in the SAP world with their own specific behaviours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Udayan Upreti:

If I push the Data as an IDoc to xMII I have to configure an IDoc Listener in xMII, is this right?

And how can I ask xMII to pull these?

The SAP Version in the second problem is "IDES ECC 6.0"

To Poul Klemmensen:

The only things I found in the downloads related to Master Data like Production Orders are the templates for xMII. These use the BAPI that I don't have in the SAP version that is used on my test system.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to configure the IDOC listner in both the cases .

A BAPI CLOI_DOWNLOAD_TRIGGER_TRANS helps you triggering POIT so that you can ask SAP to push IDOCs @ your convinience. This BAPI did exist in 4.6c and I hope its not obsolete with the new versions.

For your second issue - I have never experienced that so far. What xMII release are you on? Make sure you are on SR3. If you already are on SR3 then did you try using both the - SAP stand alond JCO action block as well as the SAP JCO Interface that allows you to open and close a JCO session. Not that it should make any difference but worth a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The templates that you are referring to I think are compatible with ECC5.0 & above .

For SAP versions below ECC 5 the only way that I am aware of downloading Production Orders is the IDOC LOIPRO. Check the transaction POIT in R/3. For these you can either push these IDOCs from SAP OR ask xMII to pull these.

As for your second problem - what version of SAP is that?