cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing keystore views in SOAP Adapter configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We added few certificates to the "TrustedCA" view in the visual admin. But when we come to the XI config and see the keystore views only the following 2 are visible - "service_ssl" & "TicketKeystore". We dont see any trusted CA's over there.

Is there a setting we need to do - to make this appear on XI config?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You aren't supposed to see the TrustedCA view, since it shouldn't hold any end-user certificates, only the certificates of the issuers of end-user certificates.

If you do have a trusted CA certificate which is also to be used as a end-user certificate, you'll also need to put it into another view.

If it is only a end-user certificate and not a isser's one, then remove it from TrustedCA view and load it into another view.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.. you said.

<i><b>"If you do have a trusted CA certificate which is also to be used as a end-user certificate, you'll also need to put it into another view."</b></i>

Yes. we do have a certificate that is both the issuer's as well as end users. If i understand you correctly - we need to add it to the Trusted CAs (for the issuer's side verification) and also to another view (for using in the end user verification)?

Is that right?

Thanks.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi thezone,

yeah, that's true.

But be aware that, usually, certificates which are signed by themselves are just test certificates, and are not signed by a real trusted Certification Authority. You should only use such certificates in your dev/test systems, not in the productive one (unless there is no other way).

In your case, just create a new view or use the default view itself and load the same certificate there.

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (0)