cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template issue in Main Window in Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a main window of size 20 CM. With in main Window, i have created two template

T1 of width 10 CM,

T2 of width 10 CM, with Left Horizontal margin of 10 CM.

I want T1 and T2 should display at same level in Main Window.

Fig 1)

-------------------------------------
|    T1        |       T2         |
-------------------------------------

Now when i try to print the content. it is printing like below. means at different level.

Fig 2)

---------------------------------------
|      T1      |                    |
|              |         T2         |
--------------------------------------

What is possible reason and how should i print like fig 1).

Please help me. Thanks in advance, Do you think there is any role of paragraph format.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right click on Page and create template and add two columns... print T1 in first column and T2 in second column...

If will solve your problem

Regards,

Sairam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this...

use two internal tables(itab1 and itab2) with 5 records each.

create a table node with 2 columns.loop through both tables using two 'loop' nodes. print itab1-field in first column and itab2-field in second column.

this meets your requirement but think of the consequences u face when u split data into two interal tables.

regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vipin,

yes exactly ur correct u have to creat seperate Paragraph format with space before and space after for this particular T2 and use this Pragraph format in the form,

do one thing creat one paragraph format for this and do changes as per the other one i mean to say (just for this use space before and space after for this particular paragraph format , take exact figure ) and use this paragraph format in the form for a particular T2 .

Reward points if helpful

Thanks.

Naveen khan

Message was edited by:

Pattan Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vipin,

As of my Knowledge, Smartform is not meant for multiple Main Window. As per Smartform it is one main windows and many Secondary windows. You may be able to create 2 main windows as the size is exactly the same. If you change any of the window size, you can see an error appearing.

So keeping 2 Main window will not be a solution for us. Now coming to your requirment, If the height of 2 templates are same, you can have one single template with Multiple column in which you can keep the middle column hidden(without boarder). Now loop thorough one table and read the other table and display the records.

For Ex: If you have 2 templates with 20 Rows, loop 20 times and read both table and display the records. I hope this way we can achieve our requirment. If you have any issues regarding this, please let me know.

Regards,

Lijo Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lijo for your reply.

Let me refine my problem again. I am having internal table Itab1 with 10 records

and i want to display first five record in T1 template

and next five record in T2 template.

varma_narayana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.. Vipin...

First of All we cannot display internal Table records using a Template.

Bcoz it will display the Static data only...

To display the Data of internal Table you must use the TABLE node.

Try out...

<b>Reward if Helpful</b>