cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDE Bug Unable to view TabStrip views in NWDS 2004s (NWDS7.00)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have switched NWDS versions from NWDS 04 to NWDS 04s and we use TabStrip UI elements in some of our Dynpro Views. After switching to NWDS 04s the Layout pane in the IDE no longer allows you to switch between the Tab Strip tabs! however the Tabs are switchable in the deployed Web Dynpro application.

I am wondering what could cause this bug and how do we fix it do we need to switch to a new version of NWDS 04s. We installed NWDS 04s as NWDS 7.00 sp 9 then used the JSPM to upgrade to sp12 along with putting in hot fixes.

When clicking a different TabStrip tab in the layout pane, the clicked Tab label gets outlined with a dashed line but the view does not switch to that Tab so you can not see the screen preview layout of that tab which makes developing new screen frustrating. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

When the Dynpro application is deployed the user can switch between the TabStrip Tabs without a problem, just the IDE View designer does not let you do this when developing. I was hoping someone would reply with a new patch level, or hotfix, etc to correct the problem as it is "Sehr Aergerlich" (a pain) to have to deploy the application everytime you want to see what the TabStrip tab view layout looks like and make the view layout corrections programatically, reminds me of mid1990s java servlet view programming

I will try you suggestion and hopefully I can get the TabStrip to get stuck on the "Tab view" I want to work with. Please if you find out anything "SAP internally" to solve the problem post a note it will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alex Toth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best way to get such fixes as soon as possible is to open OSS messages, in this case use BC-DWB-WD-JAV.

I don't understand your other comment. By doing what I suggested you don't have to deploy the application to see the effect of layout changes. The only thing to remember is to restore the TabStrip's "selectedTab" property value to its intended value e.g. a context binding after the layout changes.

Armin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

Thanks, your suggestion works. I set the TabStrip. selectedTab property to the Tab I wanted to see in the View Designer and clicked the Save MetaData and it did switch the view.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems to be a bug in the view designer. As a workaround you could try to change the "selectedTab" property value to the ID of the tab you want to edit and restore the context binding of that property before deploying. Tedious but should work.

Armin