cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect the SAP Solution Manager to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

I am trying to Configure the Maintanence Optimizer using SAP's Guide to configure step by step.

I am not able to get the connect from Solution manager to SAP in SM59 RFC SAP-OSS

Can Anyonce give me what value should be there under Technical setting for Message Server?

It was very important for me i wanna download some ECC 6.0 Patch and was in urgency and due to which i m not able to proceed.

Thanks & Best Regards

AshishKumar S. Tak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

To view the error code, find and display the 'SAP-OSS' destination in transaction SM59. In the menu, choose 'Utilities' - 'Test' - 'Authorization Test'. If errors occur, the system display the error code.

Best Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

Login to the solution manager.

We have make an entry for the host name in the Message server of the ECC system.

Then goto clients and make an entry for the client you want to connect to the ECC system.

after entering the client , click on "Generate RFC destinations", it takes us to a screen where we have to enter a user name and password.

Choose the option to enter the user and password.

But before this ensure that the same user used here should have an entry in the ECC system.

Then click on "Generate" and it creates 4 RFC connections automatically .

Please let me know if this resolved your problem.

Regards,

Manomeet

• Award points if helpful **

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manomeet

Thanks for your Reply

Sorry yaar i didnt got can you give some reconstruct steps to follow.

Thanks & best Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok sir ,

1> Login to the solution manager.

2> make an entry for the host name in the Message server of the ECC system.

3> goto client 100 of ECC system or which client we want to connect from solman and make an entry for the client you want to connect to the ECC system.

4> after entering the client , click on "Generate RFC destinations", it takes us to a screen where we have to enter a user name and password.

5> Choose the option to enter the user and password.

Note :- But before this ensure that the same user used here should have an entry in the ECC system.

6 > Then click on "Generate" and it creates 4 RFC connections automatically .

Please try you will then follow !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monomeet

Can U give me hint or how to make an entry for the host name in the Message server of the ECC system.

Also i want to test connection to SAP via solution manager as i wanna download the Patches. I am getting the error Error during call of SAP back end system (see long text)

Message Number: SOLMAN_SAP_BACKEND005

Diagnosis

Error calling SAP backend system: Error when opening an RFC

connectionSAP-OSS via RFC destination

Thanks & Best Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check note 982045 , Might help

Thanks

Prince Jose