cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS / MSS Patching of Custom Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have made some ESS / MSS customization using NWDI. We recently applied the latest support pack and now want to merge the changes. We followed the instructions per the NWDI cookbook, however, it is a little vague when talking about how to merge the custom code with the SAP code.

It says to use the Metadata Comparison Tool. Which we did. We can see the differences. What I want to know is, do we have to update our changes manually or is there a better way? We have some 3rd party tool to compare diffences between documents, but its still a very manual process.

If you've done custom ESS / MSS changes with NWDI, I'd like to hear how you merged tracks after applying support stacks...

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the diff tool, shows you the differences but you will have to manually copy the code. I know its a bit awry but as far as I know there isn't any good third party tool which automatically does that for you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody have some any additional comments to this thread? We are also struggling with this. The cookbook and merge tool documentation are not much help. Does anyone have other documentation or examples?

Thanks in advane!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have the BAPI with changed functionality you have to redo them manually on track. As far I know there is no other way you can acheive it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laxmi,

Thanks for the response. Comparing coding differences is not that bad, but how do you handle items like Context attributes and even more difficult, models. Do you have to re-do the models manually in the new track?

Thanks,

Tom