Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

got confirmation from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Reorg does export and you can choose R3chop to split large export dumps or via parameter "Chop: Yes". In this way, every ORACLE export dump file can be split on hard disk into any number of parts (compressed, if required) between 1M and the maximum file size.

Usually it is recommended for client copy, that a large rollback segment of PSAPROLL size be more than the size of largest table.

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric & Madhu,

Thanks for your time and response.

I have 2 questions for you guys,

For Eric:

If we choose the option `Reduce Object Size = Yes` during reorg, does SAPDBA reduce the GLPCA size? In that case, the PSAPROLL area limitation will be overcome or not?

For Madhu:

If I want to reduce the chop size from 2 GB to 1 GB, where should I change the settings?

Please share your experience.

regards,

VInodh.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAPDBA is not supported anymore, you should use BRTOOLS instead. check SAP note 646681.

from SAP help: If the menu option <b>Reduce object size: yes</b> is used, the export dump is computed more exactly or exactly (choose: estimate or compute statistics) since SAPDBA determines the storage space actually occupied by the object data and carries out the space checks using this value. The compression rate, however, is not taken into consideration here.

for reorg with SAPDBA, check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/0d/d2fb8c4a0c11d182b80000e829fbfe/content.htm

HTH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Greetings!

Yes, I have already gone through the SAP help link. Thanks

So, does it mean if I choose <b>Reduce object size: yes</b> then I can over come the PSAPROLL table space limitation?

regards,

VInodh.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no, this is not what I understand.

add 200MB for PSAPROLL and get over it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Eric,

I got the confirmation from SAP that there is no necessary to have the PSAPROLL table space to be twice as big as the largest table to be reorganized but, PSAPTEMP should be twice as big as the largest index that to be reorganized.

Thanks all for your time and support.

regards,

VInodh.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is a SAP recommendation, yes, you should follow this.

if not, reorg of GLPCA might fail near the end and you will lose valuable time.

if you want to risk losing your time for a mere 200MB, it's your call...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your time and response. As you said, it is always safe to have a sufficient PSAPROLL space. By the way, did you know any OSS note which describes or recommend this scenario..I tried searching but could`nt find it.

This is to prove my customer that its SAP`s recommendation.

regards,

VInodh.