Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create connection with portal using MDM Admin API

namrata_d
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my application previously we were using CatalogData Connection (IConnector Gateway Service) for connecting to Portal through MDM System created in Portal.

Now i am using MDM Admin API in my application, so is there any method through which i can connect to portal via MDM System and using MDM Admin API.

Thanks

Namrata

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

namrata_d
Active Participant
0 Kudos

solved..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>Now i am using MDM Admin API in my application, so is there any method through which i can connect to portal via MDM System and using MDM Admin API.

but do you want to connect to portal from MDM or to MDM from portal?

as these are two different stories I guess

Regards,

michal

namrata_d
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I want to connect to MDM from Portal.

Regards

Namrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namrata

you can connect to MDM from portal by 2 ways either you create a system iView from System Administration -> System Configration and created a system iView for MDM server and then you can create the iView from Content Administration for your repository.

another option is you have to write the whole java code to fetch data from MDM in that case you can use bellow code to connect to the MDM server.

connection = SimpleConnectionFactory.getInstance(settings.server, settings.connectionSource);

authenticatedRepositorySession = new AuthenticatedRepositorySession(settings, connection);
authenticatedRepositorySession.create();

authenticatedUserSession = new AuthenticatedUserSession(settings, connection);
authenticatedUserSession.create();

GetRepositorySchemaCommand getRepositorySchemaCommand = new GetRepositorySchemaCommand(connection);
getRepositorySchemaCommand.setSession(authenticatedRepositorySession.getSession());
getRepositorySchemaCommand.execute();

repositorySchema = getRepositorySchemaCommand.getRepositorySchema();

Thanks

Ninad

namrata_d
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

If my application moves from Development to Quality server , will i have to change the MDM Server settings(hardcoded in the application) everytime.

Thanks

Namrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namrata,

Yes you have to do that but that you can manage through property files.

Thanks

Ninad

namrata_d
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

Currently our web dynpro application which contains the code is integrated with portal through Iviews.So whenever the application is launched the connection happens through the MDM system created in portal and creates a connection with the MDM server.

Thus the application matches the System Alias Name of the MDM System and creates a connection.

I am not able to do this in the case of MDM Admin API . Can you guide me in this scenario??

Thanks

Namrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namrata,

I can guide you in this but one confusion I have why are you using web dynpro if its very easy directly with EP iViews.

But in case of web dynpro I have to check how we can manage the issue when it comes with transport but for other scenarios I can definetly guide you so if you tell me the exact scenario I will explain you how you should do that.

Thanks