cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import server: Undefined elements exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do have a problem with the import server. I get ,'save-update map' structural exceptions in the import server. It complains about undefined elements, and if saved the update it works for one single XML file but other still fail with similar (other element though) error. Mapping the files in the import manager just works. We are using version 5.5.41.70 here of all components. I noticed a thread which explains about sp5 patch 01, hotfix 1, which fixes this, but we're having that one already.

I did validate the xml already against the xsd used, the xml is valid.

Error from logfile is:

"Some portions of this import map are out of date.<LF/>Solution: Please, Launch the Import Manager GUI, preferably using the original source file that the map was generated for, otherwise the same source file and Save Update [File-&gt;Save Update] the map.<LF/> Parent hierarchy: &lt;E1MARAM&gt;.<LF/> Undefined element: &lt;EKWSL&gt;. ".

Thanks,

Wim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wim,

it looks like that your Import Map does not have all IDoc fields mapped to the corresponding repository fields. If you map the fields in Import Manager and choose the Save->Update option, IM adds the new mapping to the old existing one. But of course it is still possible that there are other unmapped IDoc elements which need to be mapped once manually before the Import Server can process the file automatically. The best way to solve this is creating a "Dummy" IDoc file that contains a value for each and every field. Then use this "Dummy" IDoc in Import Manager, load the Map and check the mappings. You can add/delete mappings according to your expected real data. Save->Update once again and you should not into the issue any longer.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Michael,

Thanks for you reply. I forgot to mention that, I did try to go the route to load an XML in with all elements filled. When opening this XML file, the import manager fails to load, "logon error, too many fields defined". What are the max number of fields?

I am using MATMAS05.

Kind regards,

Wim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Fixed it with a workaround, I generated an XML file with all MATMAS05 elements in there with a value. This file I couldn't load into the import manager (logon error , too many fields defined). There seems to be a limit of 250 fields per table (xml element) or per joined table /element. This is due to underlying access which is used. What I did is I removed one element from my dummy XML file which was not used, and now I could load this dummy xml file in the import manager. I did "save- update" and reprocessed all the idocs via the import server and now they work without structural exceptions. I treat this as a workaround, since the import server guide mentions that new fields are ignored, but apparently it doesn't.

Wim

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wim,

yes, this is correct. Due to the transformation into an Access Database, Import Manager does only support max 255 fields. Your workarround is fine, I couldn't suggest anything else. If you have more than 255 used fields within your IDoc, you have to split the message to import the data.

Best regards

Michael