my mail id is ustsrinu@yahoo.com

Thanks & regards,

srinivas.T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu - I don't think, there's much to look into shipping and transportation planning points. Here's a quick overview and you should be able to see it yourself in the test system:

Shipping point : A logical point in SAP in a plant, that will regulate shipping activities for a particular business opertaion. Say shipping point for Full truck customers, or Small parcel goods etc.... is Defined in Enterprise structure and assigned always to a plant. A plant can have many shipping points based on the needs of the business operations of the plant. A shipping points is determined in a sales order in the following way:

Combination of Shipping condition (as derived from sales document or customer master) + Loading group (assigned to the material master) + Plant (as derived from customer info rec or Customer master or material master). You do the assignment of shipping point to these combinations at SPRO->Logistics Execution->Shipping->Basic Shipping functions->Shipping point and goods receiving determination.

Transportation planning point : Is a logical definition, which in business terms relates to the team of transportation folks who are responsible for transportation activities in a plant. However, Trans Pl. Point is not assigned to a plant, but assignment is done to a plant in a way such that the external transportation processing determines which TPP to use for a particular plant, but only for external processing. A tansportation planning group is burdened to create shipments and manage other transp. activies. They will use this transportation planning point always to create and manage transportation documents.

Transportation planning point is assigned to a company code when you do shipment cost set up to report transportation charges etc.

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

mail sent

Regards

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>HI

MAIL SENT REWRAD IF HELPS</b>