Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMLT language import terminated, won't restart

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I am on NW 7.0 on Windows 2003 server, kernel 75. (Brand new installation, have not reached the part where I update the kernel yet).

While I was running a language import using SMLT, the server crashed, and the import was terminated. When the server and system was back online, I checked SMLT and aborted the import with abortimp command.

When I try to restart the language import, I notice that the tp and R3trans is starting, but it is only running for a few seconds before it dies.

I have tried to reschedule the RDDIMPDP with RDDNEWPP, but the same thing happends... r3trans starts, and then fails after 5-10 seconds.

Any ideas on how I can correct this situation, and complete my language import?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Please kill all the TP processes at OS level and then do an abortimp once more. Afer that restart with SMLT.

Regards.

Ruchit.

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit!

Thanks for your input, but it seems that the problem still remains. I cancelled all tp processes at OS level, and executed abortimp a few times. I restarted the import with SMLT, but the same thing happens again...

Do you have any other ideas that might work?

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas ,

<b>When I try to restart the language import, I notice that the tp and R3trans is starting, but it is only running for a few seconds before it dies.

I have tried to reschedule the RDDIMPDP with RDDNEWPP, but the same thing happends... r3trans starts, and then fails after 5-10 seconds.</b> - > Did you analyze the error log , why it is getting failed .

Can you provide the error details ?

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

I have checked SM21 and ST22, no error information there. The transport logs contain no error information either, unfortunately. Where else might I look for error information related to this issue?

In SMLT -> transport logs: For 3 of 10 delivery transports the step "Import ABAP Dictionary Objects" have been Successfully completed, all return code 0. For the remaining objects, there are no information.

Do you have any ideas that might help me with this issue?

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas ,

Just try if it`s possible to import remaining delivery transports / imports using STMS .

Regards,

Santosh Karadkar

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

I am running the imports in STMS now, and it seems to be ok. Do I need to do anything with the failed imports in SMLT, any status that should be set or something similar? Please advise.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

I never come across this type of situation before .

After importing the entire pending request execute SMLT again.

And proceed with post import activity for language import.

Update me if you face any trouble in-between .

Regards,

Santosh Karadkar

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Do you mean that I should try to import the language in SMLT again after the manuall STMS transports are done?

I usually only supplement the language after I have imported it. Are there more post-processing steps that should be performed after a language import?

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ! It will not harm the activity .

The post installation activity is mention in the guide .

For eg. execution of report RSREFILL .

After finishing import try to log in into system using installed language .

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again.

Import number 9 of 10 seems to hang.. There is no r3trans process running, and the STMS import log shows no movement. The import monitor in STMS shows the import as active, but there is nothing happening. The status icon is the red truck "import running".

There are three tp.exe on OS level. Should I try to terminate these, stop the import in STMS and restart the import?

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I would suggest doing so. Also delete any related tp files from /usr/sap_/trans/tmp directory. Also delete table entires from tpstat, TMSTLOCKR,TMSTLOCKP,trbat and trjob tables. Make sure there are no entries in import monitor as well. The use abortimp for one final time and restart language imports.

Regards.

Ruchit.

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit!

Thanks, that seems to help. I will try to finish the import steps in SMLT when STMS has finished, and I will update this thread with status later.

Update: SMLT completed successfully, and I am now running the post-processing steps for language import.

Thanks to Santosh and Ruchit for your help!

Regards,

Thomas

Message was edited by:

Thomas Kjelsrud

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

See final post in this thread for info.