cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 2004s BI installation stuck in "check ddic password"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

iam installing netweaver 2004s BI .The installation is stuck on phase 27 of 95 " check ddic password " .

i have tried with the master password as well as ddic standard password ,but still it is not continuing.

could any body help me in doing so.

ESWAR.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Install SAPGUI if not already installed. Login to the system using the gui and unlock user DDIC using su01 or if required reset the password depending upon what u see on screen.

Awaiz.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eswar,

Proceed as Awaiz has mentioned if still you are not able to login to SAP system and change the PW then you might try ignoring the code by editing keydb.xml file.

Award points if helpful

Regards

umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing the system copy I am getting the similar error like "Test logon to SAP system <sid> failed. Make sure that the user DDIC exists and that the password of the user DDIC is correct". I tried to login to the system with the users DDIC and SAP* but it is giving the error "DB-error - 0" in the bottom of the screen.

I have included the parameter login/no_login_sapstar=0 in the instance profile and restarted the instance. Now I am able to login to all the clients with SAP* user id with the password 'pass' and changed the password of the user DDIC to its default. I tried to login to the system, but still the same error. I tried to continue the installation but still it is showing the same error message "Test logon to SAP system <sid> failed. Make sure that the user DDIC exists and that the password of the user DDIC is correct".

Could you please suggest me the solution for this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Kind regards,

Mogileeswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After the system copy you have to apply the license to your system with t.code SLICENSE and then try to log-in with other users except SAP*.

Thanks

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the kernel patch level for source and target.

If needed update the target system.

Regards,