cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro ABAP replaces Web Dynpro Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all!

The release notes for ESS 1.2 (ERP6.0, Enh.Pack. 2) say that all WDJ applications within travel management have been replaced with WDA. Does anybody know if this reflects a general strategy of SAP - drawing back from WDJ, replacing existing Java-apps with ABAP and developing new scenarios in WDA?

It would be important to get a definite statement on this issue as we are now implementing ESS on portal basis and have to decide wheater to discard the old ITS-scenarios and modify the new Java-based Web Dynpros or keep the old ITS-services with interal ITS and wait for the WDA applications to arise.

Any hints are more than appreciated!

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

to stop the discussions please have a look at the identical thread in the Web Dynpro Java forum:

Additional infos can be found here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80965596-d91c-2a10-5fa4-95302ec1...

Regards,

Rainer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already got the answer from HCM forum: Yes, WDJ is going to be replaced. The only thing I wonder is if SAP is now withdrawing completely from this technology and remembering its roots and strengths?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas.

This is a rumor I have heard some months ago. Seems to be true that SAP will go back to its roots.

Cheers,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sascha!

Have you by chance any use for a NW Devel. Certification Java? Guess there will be a lot of jobless SAP Java consultants around within the next time. Nobody wanted them - I know as I' ve felt it myself - and now nobody needs them any more.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas.

Good Java Developers do not need a SAP environment. So it should be possible to finds ome other Job outside the SAP world. But I can not imagine that SAP will drop all the JAVA stuff??!!

As I said ... for me it is still just a rumor ...

Cheers,

Sascha

Message was edited by:

Sascha Dingeldey

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It seems like a big romour , there was no official communication.When the NW stack is on Java , i dont think it will get replaced by ABAP....:-)

/Anzy