cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delpoying the Archives using SAP Netweaver Development studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Web Dynpro Java. In my first exercise I created a simple Web Dynpro Application in the SAP Netweaver Development Studio 7.10 and I have core SAP 710 engine installed on my machine.

Issue:

In 710 engine doesnot have sdm for depolying the archive, so I am unable to deploy this application using the SAP Netweaver Development Studio 7.10.

Is there any work around to get out of this issue? or I have to install Java standalone 640 engine?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sheelsagar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ask your System admin to open The required SDM ports for you

ie message server port : 3901

SDM Port : 50018

Try this and reply

Regards

Abhijith YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shinraj

You cannot deploy an application with out SDM . if your application is already deployed (i mean if you executed the project in some other system)then you can RUN the same application even with out SDM ( but you cant deploy,if any changes are made)

Thanks

Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shinraj,

No need for standalone engine.Go to window->preferences->sap j2ee engine.there u have 2 options for engine.1 is for local engine & 1 for remote engine.If u r using remote engine,specify the servr host & server port.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sumit,

It is set to localhost and its up and running.

But I getting an error:

Cannot determine the deploy mechanism. There is neither deploy controller nor sdm server

I have another doubt like is it possible to work on the core 710 engine or I should have framework or app1 layer engine for for web dynpro projects to work.

My extn is 7134.

Thanx in advance

Sheelsagar.