cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflows : Objects & Attachments @ User Decision Step ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pple,

As Ramki said,I was able to create a link in the OBJECTS and ATTACHMENTS part for a normal Activity step.

But now my requirement is to create a Link at Objects and Attachments part in USER DECISION Step. Can I do so?

I tried copying the DECISION BO to ZDECISION and copied the the standard Decision task TS00008267 to my task say..TS97900168 with my BO ZDECISION, Now when I tried to include this task in the WF User Decision step, I am getting an error that I cannot include any other object other than DECISION BO.

I thought of creating a ZDECISION Business Object and change the Default method of this BO. But I am not able to include a Z Business Object in the USER DECISION Step itself.

Is there any way of instantiating the Objects and Attachments part with our own Attachment of the USER DECISION Step.

Please let us know.

Regards,

Raja Sekhar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>But now my requirement is to create a Link at Objects and Attachments part in USER DECISION Step. Can I do so?

</i>

I am not sure I understand your requirement correctly. But an agent can attach objects or documents at a decision step by clicking on the Create button in the Decision step display.

<i>Is there any way of instantiating the Objects and Attachments part with our own Attachment of the USER DECISION Step.</i>

You can copy the standard decision task and define container elements for the BO references already available in the WF container. Bind them from WF to the step. These objects will then show up under Objects and attachments in the decision step.

You can use the 'Create object reference' wizard to create an object reference if it is not already available.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

I understood the first answer and infact it is working as you said.

Now my actual requirement is second one only.

As you said, I copied the Standard decision task to my own task and Created a CONTAINER ELEMENT in that task, and done the necessary binding from WF to TASK as said.

But still I am unable to see any Link under the objects and Attachments part for the Work Item.

BTW... Where is this <i>Create Object Reference</i> wizard available ? Is it in SWLD ?

Regards,

Raja Sekhar

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An object instance must be available in the WF container before the decision task. If your workflow is triggered by the event BUS2038.Created, the event binding should bind the specific BUS2038 instance to a WF container element based on the same object. If your decision task has a container element based on BUS2038, you can now make the WF to Task binding. When a WI is created for the step, you will have a link to the BUS2038 instance in the WI display.

The wizard is in txn SWDD or you can also create your own task based on object method SYSTEM.GENERICINSTANTIATE. I must warn you though, if the object has a multipart key, you must come with the mechanism to build the key into a simple (single) container element to pass it to the task.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent Ramki,

Your solution is working PERFECT.

Really thanks for your TIMELY HELP.

Regards,

Raja Sekhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ramki ,

very good explanation . even , i have solved my issue based on your explanation .

Answers (0)