Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pefroming XML test after IR desing steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing the scenario

<a href="/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-i:///people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-i

part I and II .. Part I - desing IR was completed and now I am approaching part II. The differnece in my case is that istead XML I am doing File conversion and both - sender and receiver are text files.Hence I am going to use File adapter with the proper conversions...

I was told that is the best pratice prior to proceeding to any File Adapter work to make sure that XML files are valid and well buidl - based on the mapping and structures I created..Can some exlain me what are the XML test that must be conducted first to make sure everything is fine?

Thanks!

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to check the XML output after content conversion by the file adapter is the same as the data type that has been defined, then you can go to RWB --> component monitoring --> adapter monitoring -- select your sender communication channel and start the channel ( make sure you have the test file in the correct directory) now on the same page you should get information about the msg that was processed after you started the channel. Click on one of the links that are displayed in the msg details table and this will open another browser window now select the option soap-payload from the dropdown and you should be able to see the XML output of the file content conversion. The output xml structure should be same as that of the data type that you have defined if not then you have to check your content conversion again.

If you want to check this output xml then right click on this page and select view source and save it as an xml file. you can use this xml file in msg mapping test tab to test your mapping as well as the source data type structure.

The bottom line here is that the file adapter runs on the j2ee engine and the after content conversion the xml which is formed is sent to integration server. So if you want to check this xml you will have to use RWB > .. _> communication channel monitoring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you - this is very useful after FCC...?

What if I dont do XML as an output - I want to do text file as an Output?

Than how the test will look in this case?..It looks like I will have to go through XML anyway , correct?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI will always convert any input format to XML format (SOAP with attachments) for its own internal processing.

So text file will be converted to XML in XI and after mapping if you want the output again to be text file then you will have to use file content conversion to convert this XML back to text format using FCC in the receiver file adapter.

Cheer's

Former Member
0 Kudos

just to add a little bit more ... if you are not looking at doing any mapping (transformation) but just want to move a text file from one location to another in that case xml conversion can be avoided.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Cheer's

Answers (0)