cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on calculating -DB size occupied by each company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am analysing how many new comany codes can be added in future with our existing DB size, for that I would like to calculate how much DB space has been occupied by each existing company codes.

Once I know the pattern of DB size utilized by each company code, I can guess the number of new company codes to be added with our existing DB space.

Please let me know if this is possible by querying the oracle DB directly. If `yes`, pls share the query for calculating how much DB space has been occupied by each existing company codes.

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

regards,

VInodh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no standard tcode to query to get this result..

However you can get some rough estimation.. Although there is no sql script mentioned below, yet the following approach might be beneficial.

The assumption is that you have multiple company codes in your system. Following points may help you, as we did a similar excercise with DBA from my previous project:

- Get top 20 tables with large size and large table growth.

- Since these tables will not have comp code details in the fields, you need to map the available fields like sales org, plant, material, etc to your company code.

- For intra and inter company code also you can do the same.

With the help of SQL statement for above logic, you can execute and monitor for these top 20 tables, daily and weekly and get to some sizing results.

Regards

Madhu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I regret this is not possible in an easy way. See note 592393 (30).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin...

thanks

regards,

vinodh.