cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP/DS PPM's activity relationships not copied into SNP PPM's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

I want to convert a PPDS PPM to SNP PPM, the PPDS has 7 activity relationships and they are not copied into the SNP PPM. What could be the cause?

Thanks in advanced

-ITalo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There can be multiple reasons but first check if the resources in the activities are Mixed resources or not and if the flag - Not SNP-Relevant (General tab) is checked.

In such a case there are no resources relevant for SNP and hence SNP PPM can not get created.

Also are you successful in generation of Mode Combinations in transaction /SAPAPO/OO_PPM_CONV.

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Somnath,

I've checked both values: the resources involved in the PPM are Single-Mixed and the flag Not SNP-Relevant is off. The problem is that I can create the SNP PPM but this PPM does not get copied the activity relationships because it only creates 1 mode out of the 4 operations in the PPDS PPM. The mode priority is A in all modes.

Also, I'm successful to in generation of mode combinations.

Thank you

-Italo

Thanks in advanced

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I should change the question. The problem is how to reflect interoperation times in my SNP PPM's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

also in addition to what Somnath said- if you are using /SAPAPO/PPM_CONV_310 - SNP PPM Generation With Lot Size Margin then make sure that you have the correct value in "Lowest Mode Priority" or "Maximum number"

to quote the help

<i>"If you did not define a specific mode combination before generating an SNP plan from a PP/DS plan (see below), the system generates one SNP plan from every mode combination of the PP/DS plan. Depending on the number of activities and alternative modes of the PP/DS plan, the number of mode combinations and therefore also the number of SNP plans, may be very high. By using the lowest mode priority, you are able to define which modes are to be considered for the mode combinations, or in other words, how many SNP plans are to be generated. Modes that have a lower priority than that specified here are not considered during the generation of SNP plans </i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

I appreciate your kind help. The priority is A in the 4 modes in the PPDS PPM, I did not set any value on this field nor in the "maximum number".

With this configuration the system should create many SNP PPMs but it only creates 1 PPM with 1 mode involving the 4 resources in the PPDS PPM.

Thank you

-Italo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Coronado -

Look at the mode priority

Excerpt from help.sap.com

<i>"Lowest Mode Priority You use lowest mode priority to specify which PP/DS plan modes are to be considered for the mode combination, that is, how many SNP plans are generated. Modes with a lower priority than the one specified here are not considered for SNP plan generation"</i>

and take a look at the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/1c/4d7a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

hope this helps u

Regards,

Suresh Garg