cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material type in Material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we create a new MM, we have to select material type. Here we have different material types like HAWA, FERT etc.. if for our convenience if we want the Description of the Material type to be proposed along with code i.e Like HAWA - Trading goods. where to make this setting?

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Hi Go to <b>IMG</b> then go to <b>Customising of local layout Icon (Alt+F12)</b> which is next to <b>help icon</b> in the menu bar.

Then click on that you will get list of Menu's, Select <b>OPTION</b> Menu there You will get a POP Screen,, there you select <b>Expert Tab</b>, in that You will have <b>Controls</b> in that you <b>select the check box for Show Keys in all drop down list</b> and click on <b>Apply</b> and then click on <b>Ok.</b>

Now if you go to <b>MM01</b> you can See also with <b>Material Type Description</b> you can see the <b>Type</b> also.

Cheers Buddy..

Regards

MBS

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you MBS.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the easy access screen - press (Alt + F12 - this is customize local layout) - select options - in this select the 'expert tab' - on top you will see a window for <b>Show Keys in All Dropdown Lists</b>. Tick on this, click on apply and then click on 'OK.'

Now go to MM01, in the material type you will see the material type with the description. Your problem will be solved.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

While creating the material master using T-code MM01 you can see a icon named "Customising of local layout" (Alt+F12) just Next to the Help icon in the menu bar. Click on that you will get list of Menu's, Select OPTION Menu then select Expert Tab, in this tab you will have Controls in that you select the check box for "Show Keys" in all drop down list and click on Apply and then click on Ok.

Now if you go to MM01 screen you can have Material Type along with Description.

REWARD if it helps you!!

Regards,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

This is the path:

SPRO-->Logistics General >Material Master>Configuring the Material master

Hope this helps you.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh

P.S. you can send me a mail at my mail id rakeshsinghchauhan@gmail.com for any specific details

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Im not sure but try in oms9...

Regds

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U can configure in SPRO-->Logistics General >Material Master>Configuring the Material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot tember the path...but done from the menu option somewhere...check status & explore remaining options underneath status

Former Member
0 Kudos

well having a transaction variant would be easy but lengthy.