cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production recipt generations

Former Member
0 Kudos

While working with a scenario of a SNP model, I have a SNP PPM that has the a input product that is converting into a final product undergoing a polishing resource (single mixed resource). when I am trying to run the network heuristics,I am not being able to generate any production receipt for the final product. I have the input and the final product both assigned to the production location but I am not involving it in the selection when doing the network planning. I have tried choosing the prevention of the explosion of the BOM but have not been able to generate the production receipt.

What is the general setting in relation to the BOM explosion, Please explain the options with a business scenarios.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

need some more details on this....

the way i read this... you are not involving your final product in the SNP?

Is my understanding wrong. I hope you have are running SNp for your final product

Is your Location Product setting have "In house" in the requirement strategy?

You will get dependent demand if this setting and PPM is set right. Isnt this what you want as a production requirement?

Why are you trying to prevent the BOM explosion? Are you trying to Not get dependent demand for the input product?

please explain your business scenario a little more in detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one plant and 2 dc and they are being supplied the same product. I have maintained F for the article1-dc and the E for the article1-plant combination.I have a SNP ppm at the plant and the PPM is manufacturing the article1 using an input product article2. I have maintained the article2 at the plant location and not at the dc as it is not being used in the dc. In the sdp94 i have the selection id having the plant and the dc and the article1 and that is what I am loading into the 9ASNP_SSP (safety) data view. when i am running the heuristics (network) then the distribution demand for the plant, distribution reciept for the DC are generated but there is no production reciept generated for the plant. the snp PPM is active but does not have any PPDS ppm linked to it.

What do u think might be the reason for the same.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved the problem .......thanks for reply to my mail and posting the hints on sdn. I appreciate that.......

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Problem Solved. Closing Thread.