cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW04S Java application remians in "starting apps" phase.

o_shaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I installed a java Application server voor a NWDI instance. However after stopping and starting the instance after what appeared to be a hung server. I am no longer able to logon via de Visual Administrator.The logon process runs to 99% then stalls.

When I restart the Java application server both the SDM and the Dispatcher are started correctly. However the Server remains in the status Starting apps for hours.

The following entry appears about every 10-15 minutes In the dev_server0 log: [Unloading class sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor57]

In the DefaultTrace.0.trc I get the follwoing entry:

#1.5 #000BCD52CAAB000000000016000019800004387AB09D685F#1187999507111#System.err##System.err#######Thread[Thread-1,5,main]##0#0#Error##Plain###com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationLockedException: Cannot lock Configuration; it is already locked.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ServerEnvironment.addLock(ServerEnvironment.java:316)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ServerEnvironment.addLock(ServerEnvironment.java:340)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.openConfiguration(ConfigurationCache.java:756)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ConfigurationHandlerImpl.openConfiguration(ConfigurationHandlerImpl.java:734)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ConfigurationHandlerImpl.openConfiguration(ConfigurationHandlerImpl.java:693)

at com.sap.engine.core.cache.impl.spi.storage.DBStorage.<init>(DBStorage.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.cache.impl.CacheManagerImpl.init(CacheManagerImpl.java:223)

at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.loadSingleManager(Framework.java:577)

at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.loadManagers(Framework.java:255)

at com.sap.engine.core.Framework.start(Framework.java:189)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.boot.FrameThread.run(FrameThread.java:61)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.frame.core.locking.LockException: Cannot lock [2007082501514709500000NLCC12045....................7395550, ! , 94d735ee/@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@, X]; it is in use by another owner. The lock collision occurred with user <internal>.

at com.sap.engine.core.locking.impl3.LockingManagerImpl.lockInternal(LockingManagerImpl.java:257)

at com.sap.engine.core.locking.AbstractLockingManagerImpl.lock(AbstractLockingManagerImpl.java:421)

at com.sap.engine.core.locking.AbstractLockingManagerImpl.lock(AbstractLockingManagerImpl.java:441)

at com.sap.engine.core.locking.ServerInternalLockingImpl.lock(ServerInternalLockingImpl.java:42)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ServerEnvironment.addLock(ServerEnvironment.java:312)

... 15 more

#

It looks as if the system is still holding a lock from a previous session, but I don't know how to release this.

Can anyone me to resolve this issue.

Many thanks,

Owen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

thanks for your help, this indeed solved the problem also for us. I have to dive deeper in why this is caused (since it worked before) but at least we can startup the system again.

Kind Regards,

Nico...

o_shaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

rkandy

If you had noticed correctly this question was posted and answered by me.

The answer I posted here has also been confirmed by SAP.

I posted the answer to help others who might face similar issues. There is therefore no need to add other solutions which may confuse other administrators who may have a real professional need to resolve similar problems.

Furthermore I do not think that a SAP Technical Consultant would wait 4 hours before concluding that there might me something wrong with a Java installation which seem to hang the phase "starting apps".

I am not asking for any points I just hope my answer will help others with similar problems.

If anyone has been able to resolve similar issues on the basis of the solution provided here, then please update this message accordingly. Otherwise open an OSS message.

Regards,

Owen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally JAVA takes a while after upgrade for compilation, if this take very long say more than 4 Hrs, I would recommend to bounce JAVA

Thanks1

o_shaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The problem is resolved after I increased the amount of application threads via ConfigTool.

To be precise I increased the default value of the parameter setting "MaxThreadCount " from 40 to 100.

You can do this by carrying out the following steps:

- Open ConfigTool

- Expand the nodes Global server configuration ->

ApplicationThreadManager

- On the right-hand side, you have to increase the parameter MaxThreadCount accordingly. Please bear in mind that setting the Max threadcount to a high value can impair performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

You can release the locks from http://<FQDN>:5<NR>00/irj --> System Administration --> Monitoring --> Object Locking here you can release the locked objects.

Arjun

o_shaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

I am not running the Portal on this server. I am running NWDI. (Netweaver Development Infrastructure). Furthermore I am not able to logon to the Visual Administrator let alone an application. Therefore it would be virtually impossible to administer the NWDI via the NWA or any other page which requires logon details

The only tools I can use are the Config Tool and the offline configeditor which do not require logon details.

Are there any changes I could make with these tools which could resolve the problem?

Regards,

Owen.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´d open an OSS call, I have similar issues and no solution as of now.

Make sure you use

- the newest JDK for your platform (preferably 1.4.2_15)

- check the parameters according to note 723909 (and 716604)

--

Markus