cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Eval on 32 Bit Suse Linux Enterprise 10 ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Hi, I would like to download the 32 bit version of Netweaver on MaxDB or Oracle for the Suse "32" bit Linux Enterprise 10 server.

The eval download sites only have links to the "64" bit version of the netweaver server.

Are there eval version of netweaver for 32 bit linux ?

And are there oracle versions of netweaver too ?

Can someone please advice me on the above ?

Thanks

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

We have a DB2 version available in 32bit, it is a NW7.0 release, will be the last one we provide as 32bit. You can order it on www.sap.com/shop > SAP Knowledge Shop > General > SAP NetWeaver > SAP Web Application Server

SAP NW04s Testdrive Linux DB2 x86

We are currently thinking about providing it in a VMware version as well.

Manfred

peter_kueppers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Manfred,

I posted another question to Markus Doehr in this old thread (see there).

What I supposed: I can´t install the 64bit NW 2004s MaxDB testdrive version on a 32bit platform.

Is there any possibility to get a 32bit Version NW 2004s with MaxDB(!), maybe via download?

Or is it possible to install the proposed NW 2004s with DB2 and migrate to MaxDB (I don't think so...)?

It would be great to have a solution, because I've no 64bit server available at the moment.

Thank's

Peter

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have service marketplace access you can download an installation set for NW2004s/MaxDB/32bit Linux, however

- the installation is different (more complicated that rpm -i <filename>.rpm)

- you will maybe run into memory related issues because of limitations of 32bit

- migration is possible - but even more complicated (R3load - heterogeneous systemcopy)

--

Markus

peter_kueppers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

thank's a lot for your answers.

I've an access to the service marketplace, but what you proposed sounds not suitable for me. It's to much effort for testing only, even if you get experiences by doing it. I've learned my lessons by patching older testdrives...

Using the installations from the service marketplace worries me, cause you have to apply for a non testdrive license only for testing. And migration is also a big effort with the risk of memory problems (as you mentioned).

But I don't understand the point that SAP offers the 32bit version of the NW2004s testdrive only with DB2 and not with MaxDB. I know that 64bit is the strategy for the future (and not only for SAP), but it's also a strategy of SAP to boost the MaxDB (they have taken it back from MySQL at SAP TechEd ‘07 in Las Vegas).

So how to get some experience? Maybe I'll apply for a 64bit server, but I'm quite sure, that I've to wait until next year, sigh...

Thank's

Peter

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Admittedly, it's not that "difficult" to install a Netweaver system, if you have some experience in administration of a Linux system. The new sapinst driven setups are pretty straighforward (the SR2 versions), almost all bugs and problems have been removed.

I'd give it a try

You need the following CD/DVDs:

51032260_4 BS2005 SR2 Installation Master Linux on IA32 32bit

51032296_4 MaxDB RDBMS 7.6.00 Build 35 - Linux on IA32 32bit

51032246_1 NW 2004s SR2 Installation Export 1 of 2

51032246_2 NW 2004s SR2 Installation Export 2 of 2

51032248_1 NW 2004s SR2 Language DE,EN,FR,ES,IT,NL,PT

If you want to install the Java parts too:

51032257_1 NW 2004s SR2 Java based SW Comp. 1 of 5

51032257_2 NW 2004s SR2 Java based SW Comp. 2 of 5

51032257_3 NW 2004s SR2 Java based SW Comp. 3 of 5

51032257_4 NW 2004s SR2 Java based SW Comp. 4 of 5

51032257_5 NW 2004s SR2 Java based SW Comp. 5 of 5

Install SLES 10 SP1 and try

--

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Due to the high memory requirements it´s advised to use 64bit software only, it´s technically possible to run NW 7.0 (2004s) on 32bit platforms you need to exactly know how to configure your memory to succeed.

MaxDB is SAPs own database, they can´t "give away" Oracle version because to run Oracle you need to have a license.

--

Markus

peter_kueppers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

although this thread is from August, I would like to post another question on it.

Since there is no testdrive available for NW 2004s with MaxDB on 32bit (only for DB2 as Manfred Stein from SAP mentioned), I would like to try to use the 64bit version on a 32bit platform (no other server available at the moment).

Do you have information or documentation about how to configure the memory for the 2004s testdrive on a 32bit platform?

What's about the database? Is it necessary to 'upgrade' it to an 32bit MaxDB version?

Thank's

Peter

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can´t install the 64bit version on a 32bit platform.

The binaries contained in that version are compiled for 64bit (x86_64) and will simply not run on 32bit.

--

Markus