cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross division -?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please some one clarify what is cross division -?

Ex -cross division for all the products - 00

Why it will be used for products -? (I mean does it it replace division ? for what?)

Thanks

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it generally used for sharing of condition record -division-00

in img we will maintain say for div 10 ref div 00

div 12 ref div is 00

that means we are maintaining condition record for 00 and these are also valid for div 10 and 12

cross div - another concept.--

all sales doc (ex.sales order) are created with in one sales area , in case the material ordered by sold to party belongs to diff div of sales area , then how sysytem respond i.e it should accept that material or not.

if we set cross divvion in sales doc config then in sales order system accept material other than sales area div of order. i.e we can enter material belongs to diff div in order. for that we have activate item division in VOV8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chidamabar

Thanks for for your time.

Honestly I didn't understand what you say.

Please can you give me explonation with example where exactly it will be usefull-?

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You know that we need to maintain certain master data in the system to do any basic transactions. If you do not need the master data (customer or condition master data) to be differentiated according to divisions, you have to set up a representative division. So in that case we maintain all the data for the referenced divison and the same will be applicable for all other divisions. i.e.The master data in the representative division applies to all divisions for which you have set up this reference in Customizing.

By doing this, you can minimize the effort of entering and maintaining master data. Else you will have to maintain separate records for customer and pricing for each division.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akk

Thank you very much for your reply.

Thanks.

Please can you give me one example, what type of industry sectors will use this normally.

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the Industries/companies will use this. No one would like to create duplicate master data which is difficult to maintain and which is nothing but duplication of records.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) How to create a cross division?

As you know, division is a group of material. e.g. Z1 = computers.

A type of division which has different type of material e.g. computers, washing machine could be called as cross division.

"Across anything" material type etc. etc. this depends upon the business and client requirements.

Thus the creation steps for cross div are the same as the defining / creation of division.

2) Can we define common divisions instead?

Cross division - as described above - is not the same concept as common division. So creating one does not replace the need to create the other.

Common division is a "reference division" for other divisions.

E.g.

You have created a division = ZZ = cross division, for computers and TVs

ZW = division for Washing machines

A customer C1 is created for ZN10, ZR and div. ZZ

You want this customer to be created for div Washing machine also. But all the information already there for C1 (made already for ZZ) is going to be the same in the case of div ZW too.

Then you create ZZ as COMMON Div. and reference it to ZW in VOR2.

Then you do NOT have to extent this customer C1 in XD01 for div ZW. But you can use this customer in sales order VA01, with Sales area ZN10, ZR and ZW. (other configuration steps might be needed to be done in OVAN, OVKK etc.)

If business says this division ZZ (called Cross division) created for computers, TV - is our MAIN division and we would like this to be made as reference division for ZW, ZP etc. divisions; then you can make ZZ as common division.