cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is possible to do real synchron synchronizaton on SAP MI (MAM) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I have question about SAP MI / MAM apps and synchron process :

SAP MAM or SAP MI own apps synchronization between MI Client and MI server provide with following steps :

a) start sync on Client

b) every relevant sybcBO object on Server start synchronize

c) sync stop on Client

d) every syncBO objects (from server to client) are on status Waiting (on MAM apps, where is many objects and huge of datas, syncBO object still adding the counter of number of synBO Waiting objects)

e) next synchronozation on Client MI

f) if every syncBO will be prepared on status Waiting, start real synchronizaton and syncBo status Waiting is changed to status Finished

result - all real datas are synchronize after 2 synchronozation processes.

Is it OK? I need make a real "SYNCHRON" synchronization !

Did I need to change some parameter on client or server for "real sychron" synchronozation ?

Thanx for hepling me

PS: the parameter on MAM "ALMConfig.properties" - UPD_SYNCTYPE=SYNC; DWN_SYNCTYPE=SYNC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi michal,

i would say that the synchronicity is just of "best effort" synchronization since

it does not guarantee that all responses to your requests in synchronous mode

are being retrieved or being waited. there's also a timeout to consider especially

if data upload and the processing in the server takes too much time depending

on the volume. thus the sync sometimes goes for completion on the 2nd sync.

regards

jo

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

JO is absolutely right. Config changes that I posted do not garantee that sync will be synchronous. It will only allow to attempt get all in one sync.

But device can time out anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry , the bad forum name ... !

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I try to set it before, but still I have problem with authorization. If I push the TEST CONNECTION - system tell me "No authorization to log on as a trusted system (Tr

Message no. SR000"

I add next roles for my user on Middleware server :

SAP_J2EE_ADMIN

SAP_MI_ADMIN

SAP_MI_SERVICE

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thaks, I try it

mp

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Parameter in ALMConfig will only work if after you start MI you go to MAM link. In this case, MAM app will be instantiated by tomcat and config file uploaded.

Easier and more sure way of doing real synchronous sync is to set parameters in MI config file. You can push them down to the device as an add-on.

Here are parameters that need to be in /settings/MobileEngine.config file for MI2.5/7.0:

MobileEngine.Sync.RepetitiveSyncEnabled = true

MobileEngine.Sync.TimeBetweenRepetitiveSyncs = 10000

MobileEngine.Sync.MaximumNumberOfRepetitiveSyncs = 5

You may need to increase settings if your system is big or connection slow.

I think there is a note for MI where you can donwload this as a ready to use add-on.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova