cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

killing a Background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am tryig to kill a Background job and I followed the below way.

1) By seelecting the job in SM37 and clicking on stop icon.

2) selected job in sm37 and from Menu-> cancel active job.

3) Kill the work process from sm50.

4) Kill the work process from OS level using dpmon.

But I dont understand some times the job will get killed immediately and some times it will take time and also please tell me how to kill the job immediately when we are getting problem while killing the job(I mean when job dint get killed.).

Regards,

Chandra.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sekhar,

When a job is doing nothing ie not reading/updating from/to a table(s) it will get cancelled immediately however if it is doing sch action it will try to complete that LUW step (SQL command) and then will get cancelled.

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

Thanks, Can you give me some more informaton like when we kill that job it will cancal automaticaly once the running LUW step is compleated or do we we need to moniter the job and onec the UW compleats we need to kill again.

One more thing here I have observer in out system value of max dialog runtime is 300, but the job took more then 10 mins to get it cancled.

Regards,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra:

Inspite of the job being killed, some times it doesnt show that the job is cancelled. In such cases you can go to the menu Job -> Check status. This will update the status of the job.

-Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sekhar,

Once you have executed cancel command SAP will automatically take care once the LUW step is completed.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (0)