Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta update from Planning Area Data source to external BW

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am using APO DP 4.0 and external BW.

Is there anyway delta update can happen from APO Planning Area data source to external BW? I am transferring DP Planning results from DP to external BW.

Thanks and Best Regards, Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should be able to load from the APO Planning area after generating an Export data source and feeing it into a extrnal BW ODS and do a delta upload

This link is for a backup cube in APO but it should work with BW as well

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/ca630f116211d5b3170050da385632/frameset.htm

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This link doesn't anything about delta update setting in APO planning area data source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

There is no way to do a datasource that allows delta updates directly from livecache.

You could create an infocube or an ODS in SCM-BW to store livecahe data, then you could generate an Export Datasource of this infoprovider, this datasource allows delta updates from SCM-BW infoprovider to External BW infoprovider.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marín,

Thanks for the reply.

I have remote cube setup in external BW which gets populated from planning area data source in APO. The reason for delta update introduction was to avoid long time in full update of BW InfoCube. It takes long time.

What your experience says whether it is common to do full update of external BW infocube from APO Planning data?

Thanks and Best Regards, Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Yes, for me is relatively common. Unfortunately as i know, it is not possible to do a datasource that allows delta updates, when i have to work with specific livecache data i control that using OLTP variables in the infopackage.

You also can use parallel processing and specify some characteristics in your datasource like block size and No extraction of data records without key figure values.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.