cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA IVIEW on Portal gives 'Page Not Found'

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have a issue with WDA IView. Works fine stand alone. Works fine on the DEV Portal.

When put on the TEST Portal, 50% of times it works and remaining it gives 'Page not Found' error.

Does it have anything to do with WD or Portal ?

We have a Apache Proxy server for the Portal

BSP Iviews on the same Portal works fine.

Can someone help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

What exactly is the architecture of your DEV and your TEST system?

Where resides the proxy server and what is his job?

Do you have load balancing on TEST but not on DEV?

What is your portal release?

Maybe you also have a firewall problem, e.g. if TEST is a load balanced system using servers aaa.com and aab.com but unfortunately someone forgot to tell the firewall, that aab.com is a valid server also.

I would tend to say that this is a network/security problem.

One additional tip. Maybe you can see more than page not found if you adjust your browser settings: Extras -> Internet Options -> Enhanced (or Extended, excuse me, I have a german browser): Deactivate "Short HTTP Error messages"

Tell us if this helped.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thanks. As far as I know, the TEST is only single server landscape. The APACHE Proxy handles the User Requests and sends the URL to the application server. The PROXY Resides on Same Box as the Test portal.

It works sometimes and dosen't at other times ......

Is the proxy filtering the URL /sap/bc/WebDynpro......

DOn't know what

I deactivated the Short HTTP Error link. I get following dump :-

Not Found

The requested URL /sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zlckpt_wd_main/;sap-ext-sid=CSWMxYUGSK93xnmBvg==nZOOiTAbzmcJ/+PXpofIog== was not found on this server.

-

Apache/2.0.52 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.0.52 OpenSSL/0.9.7d Server at usorlu88.xxxxx.com Port 443

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I just confirmed, the Test Application Server has 2 servers .

But here's another catch. The SANDBOX portal when connecting to the Test App server works absolutely fine.....

Only the TEST Portal when connected to the Test App Server has this issues...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Maybe the sandbox portal has in it's system landscape defined a dedicated server (one of the two TEST servers) where all the requests to TEST are routed to and the TEST portal uses the message server/proxy and logon groups.

The error you reported indeed smells like a problem in the Apache Proxy. Are you experienced in this tech or can you ask a guy of the proxy team what may go on there?

And additonal check can be done if you have an HTTP trace tool like HTTPWatch.

Very often this is very helpful to identify and then solve network/security problems.

Unfortunately this tool is not free-of-charge bu I'm very sure you will never repent to have purchased this super tool. In my opinion a must for a web developer!

As I learned a few seconds ago from google obviously now there also exists a free version of that tool (but I'm sure with very restricted features). Go to www.httpwatch.com.

Like already mentioned I'm almost sure that the Apache Proxy Server is "he bad guy".

Keep us informed and good luck ...

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!! I will let them know..

One more Q... Since BSP Iviews work ok...is there isa difference in settings for the BSP Web Dispatcher as compared to WebDynpro ABAP Web Dispatcher ...?

Are they different and need different settings ? May be the Webdynpro Dispatcher is not set properly....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Last reply for today and then my bed is calling me:

1. maybe different system aliases are used, that is different portal system landscape definitions are used in BSP and WDA iViews

2. iview properties should be re-examined

Follow the Apache path first. If this does not help let's have a look at the other players in the team.

Regards and (for me) good night ..

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem solved? and if so how?