cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver connection problem

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

I have finished installing netweaver and am configuring the UMI, when I got to test the sap system connection I get the following error.

(System ID): com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (101) RFC_ERROR_PROGRAM: 'mshost' missing

(System ID & Message Server): com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=sprsap7 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=DEV MSSERV=sapmsDEV PCS=1 ERROR service 'sapmsDEV' unknown TIME Fri Aug 24 14:29:23 2007 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 505 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsDEV' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1

(System ID & System Number): OK

in the configuration have the application host and message server host as the same as it is a single instance system. The system consist of a SAP R3 4.7 system, and SAP j2ee 6.4 and netweaver 2004 portal. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Troy Sorbet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to few steps

goto system on which netweaver is installed and in c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/services file you need to make following entry

sapmsDEV 32<nr>/tcp

nr-> instance number of r/3 system

Samrat

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

the file has an entry on port 3205 already

sapdp05 3205/tcp

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for my mistake itis 3605/tcp