cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to populate the main table and the lookup's at the same time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What I have with me is the XML files which contain the data from the material master and the excel sheet which talks about the mapping . it basically tells me which field of the main table maps to which field of which segment in the IDOC and also the name of the table and the field in the R3 system .

I wish to use this info to populate the data in the material repository .

- How can I populate the data in the lookup table at the same time when I am populating the main table ? I have only the XML's that correspond to the main table . I don't have seperate data for the lookup tables .

- Can I use the standard maps available for import in the business content of material repository in MDM ?

- If the answer to the second question is NO then I think i can create the maps and save them for future use .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>- Can I use the standard maps available for import in the business content of material repository in MDM ?

you can use them if you have data in IDOC-XML format

for example if you send an IDOC from R3 and map it via predelivered XI content

for XI

then you can just use those maps

but if you have your own XML then you need to create a map on your own

and save it for later use

Regards,

michal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

you want to import data into main table and an lookup table form a single XML file. Check how many fields are there in main table and how many display fields are there in your lookup table. if the sum of them is suppose 10, then these 10 fileds should be there in your XML file; then through your main table indirectly you can import data into look up table.

If you have a qualified look up table then the case would be a little bit complicated. you got to check for all the qualifiers and diplay fileds.

In both the cases you have to create a Compound filed if you have more than one display field.

Regards,

CHARAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

To add to what the others have said, please refer note number 830864- it contains code which can be used to generate customer & bank lookup data in the form of an xml from your R/3 system.

With this xml file & with the standard maps provided in the business content you could upload your lookup data in to the repository.

Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Deepak

>>> - How can I populate the data in the lookup table at the same time when I am populating the main table ? I have only the XML's that correspond to the main table . I don't have seperate data for the lookup tables .

I don't think you can populate both main table and all fields of lookup tables at the same time, i.e. using same map. You can consider 2 options to upload all information you have:

1) If your XML file contains data you would like to upload to lookup tables, you can upload it to MDM lookup tables with several maps using same XML and choosing different sections of that XML corresponding to different MDM lookup tables.

2) Also you can upload main table simultaneously with lookup table entries (using same map), but in this case new lookup table entries will only contain display field values that you mapped. To do this you should use 'Add' value mapping functionality for fields that you mapped to lookup tables.

>>>- Can I use the standard maps available for import in the business content of material repository in MDM ?

1) In case you have material master repository delivered by SAP and you use XML files which structure corresponds to SAP predelivered XSD schemas then you can use these maps undoubtedly.

2) If your repository is based on SAP predelivered, but you changed it ,you should adjust these maps due to differences in repository structure and XML files structure.

3) If you created your repository from scratch you should consider option of making your own import maps.

Regards,

Vadim Kalabin