cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the GUI Version Stored?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our SMS team is trying to deploy a GUI upgrade for a user group who may or may not be at a certain level. They have asked me how SMS could check first to see what level they are on before it tries to upgrade it. I looked in the registry as well as various files on my C: drive, but I cannot find one which contains the GUI version & patch level. I do not think he wants to just push it out to the user group regardless of what they have. Please advise.

Thank you for your time,

Erin Byrne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

andreas_rueger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Erin,

if you only want to check the patch level of GUI patches then you could use the file version of certain files for that check. E.g. sapgui.exe:

sapgui.exe 7.10 patch level 0: 7100.1.0.8936

sapgui.exe 7.10 patch level 1: 7100.1.1.8936

The version schema used here means the following. The first part

(7100) described the major release. The second part (1) describes the

compilation, the third part (0/1) describes the patch level and the last

part describes the build number. Therefore you could use the third part

of the file version to determine the patch level of a GUI installation.

Also there are tools for determining the patch levels that can be used on command line. For the GUI releases 6.20 and 6.40 there is the tool sapver which is attached to SAP note 526199. For GUI 7.10 we are currently testing a tool. Please let me know your email address in case you would like to participate in the test.

Best regards,

Andreas Rueger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

we are really interested in your tool, so please contact me: oliver.grewenig@lht.dlh.de

Thanks and regards

Olli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver,

You can download the tool mentioned from the note. Also, SAPSetup is smart enough, at least with 6.40, to only change what needs to be changed, so you can probably just push it to your entire user poplulation. I haven't tested with 7.10 yet. That's what we do with 30,000 PCs, with virtually no issues.

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Erin,

In SAP GUI Logon Pad latest SAP GUI version latest 640. This is latest SAP GUI version . if it is not there then download the latest SAP GUI verion and Install .

and also you have to check SAP Logon and click on About SAP Logon tab . here you can see SAP GUI verion and what is the patche level . if it is old version then you have download and Install.

Regards

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Other than bring up saplogon and checking the "About SAPlogon", I could never find that info either. As part of my engineering process for the deployment of the various builds, I actually add my own registry key under HKLM that indicated the current version. That way I could generate reports via our asset mgmt system utilizing that reg key.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to know an automated way that it can be checked like if there's a file or a registry setting that would contain the version & patch level. I have looked for both of these, but I cannot find anything. We cannot check hundreds of PCs manually in the way that both of you described. SMS will automatically push it out once it can check on its version or at least that's how we want it to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may check the SAPGUI version from C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\. Right click on the SAPGUI --> Properties and go to the version tab. From there, you may be able to see the version and the patch level of your SAPGUI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check for the SAP GUI version from the SAP Logon Pad.

Start the SAP Logon Pad, Click About.

There you will find the SAP GUI Version and Patch Level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Erin,

on SAP Logon, you can navigate to the top-left corner, and if you are in the correct ways, you will find "About SAP Logon" at the bottom of the menu. CLick it and you can find information about your GUI.

rgds,

AG