Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User can not run transaction ME80FN

Former Member
0 Kudos

User is not able to run transaction me80fn. I have checked all authorizations in production, user's colleagues with all the same profile are able to execute the transaction. The user with all the same roles is able to execute the transaction in quality but not in production.

I tried SQL tracing, but no useful reult. For transaction debugging in production I created a generic user with all the same profiles as the user plus debugging authorizations. But, the generic user executed the transaction without absolutely any problem.

I went to the extend of deleting and re-creating the user in production[very lenghty procedure], but no use.

Although illogical but still I thought recreating the user ID with all same profiles but different userID might help, but company naming convention does not permit that.

I am stuck, please advise, what can be done

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what would cause the problem, but I'd check the following:

1. Is the user using a variant when executing the report that would prevent him/her from viewing all the information?

2. Are there any parameters assigned ID that may automatically create a filter for some transactions? (Su01 - parameters tab)

It seems that it's a user specific issue since the roles work ok in QA and production. You could also try just deleting the role assignments and re-assigning (not the user ID) and re-saving.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what would cause the problem, but I'd check the following:

1. Is the user using a variant when executing the report that would prevent him/her from viewing all the information?

2. Are there any parameters assigned ID that may automatically create a filter for some transactions? (Su01 - parameters tab)

It seems that it's a user specific issue since the roles work ok in QA and production. You could also try just deleting the role assignments and re-assigning (not the user ID) and re-saving.

0 Kudos

Answer: The user does not reach the stage of entering a variant or executing the report desired. As soon as she executes the transaction me80fn the system gets stuck. This transaction, I believe, is used for creation of MM related reports. But, she does not reach the screen to feed the inputs, she just gets a blank screen with a clock processing in the status bar and the system hangs like that.

Answer: With help of security team I already tried that, we one by one deleted all roles in quality to check which roles have effect on this transaction.

I also want to add that user’s colleagues with all same roles and parameter values are able to execute this transaction.

This is really a peculiar case I am stuck with.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Kavitha

can you specify what error message says? "you are not authorized..." or ?

if this is authorization problem, after the error message appears, you can execute /nsu53 to see what the problem about authorization.

rgds,

AG

0 Kudos

It would have being a lot easier had it given some kind of error message, that would have given a hint what has going wrong. But, here just a clock appears in the bottom status bar and it shows that it is processing [ i.e, the clock hands keep rotating] and the system gets stuck, you can not get out of that screen. The session has to be killed using task manager and a new seession has to be started.

Had it shown an authorization error I would have requested the security team to check the roles assigned to the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue sounds more like a front end one. check SAPGUI Patches and apply newer ones.

How is the user exiting from the blank screen? is he/she killing/terminating the session?

Cheers,

Damien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you ask Developer to DEBUG the transaction ,he can find out what the wrong with code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trace the authorization and have the user send SU53 error.