Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

chaging description by the approver causes worng behaviour of workflow

Hello,

When approver makes changes to the SC "descritption" of SC and approves the SC is routed back to requistioner for accept/reject changes as well as appear in inbox the first approver for his approval.

Error reporoduction

Create a SC, single item, non-catalog,via “Describe requirement” functionality.

The SC is sent to the first approver determined, for approval.

The approver makes changes to ‘Description’ of SC and saves the changes(i.e. saving is equivalent to approve here)

The SC is routed back to requisitioner as well as seen in the first approver inbox for approval agian.

As per the normal flow if the item are rejected the workflow goes to requistioner for approve/reject changes only(as the value of the SC changes), but here changing the desc causes the undesired bahaviour.

I am using WS14000133 workflow(n step dynamic workflow).

please advice

regards

Sachin

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

There is still difference between the two cases , one case you are not making change and in the second case you are making the change.

Only difference i can see between the two cases is the restart of the workflow. ANd restart only depends on the security level of the user.

when the approver changes the shopping cart , the restart of the workflow happens .

when the approver makes no changes , the restart does not happen.

Please let me know of what you see in the workflow log for the two cases of shopping carts?

1. start SWI6

2. Enter the shopping cart in object id , object type BUS2121.

3. Enter all for the remaining options , and press F8

How many entries do you see in the result?

And security level of the user can be found in transaction 'SU01' , personalization tab .

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question