cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the answer from the forum that the item category is not relevant for pricing procedure. Now my next question is how we get the final price in the sales document. e.g we have 3 items of NORM > TAN items. Each item unit price is 10$. We get the value 30 $ in the sales order. How S. Area + CPP + DPP help in computing this ?

In general if anyone can disect the Sales order and tell me the relevance of each , it will be great help. With an example preferably.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...

pls follow this nd understand....

-

> go to VK11, maintain condition record (Price of ur item) for PR00 ( Condition Type)

-

> go to V/08 ( Pricing Procedure) --> New Entries --> Define Pricing Procedure ---> Save the pri. pro. ---> select the pri.pro. ---> go to CONTROL ---> New Entries ---> Maintain condition type (proo) in pri.pro. ( if you want to maintain some discounts creat condition records for condition types k004, k005, k007 and maintain them also in the pri. pro.) ---> save the pri. pro.

Go to OVKK ---> New entries ---> enter ur respective Sales orgn., Distr. Chan. and Division ( Sales Area for which u wanted to create sales order).

and in continuation maintain DPP ( u will find in your sales document type (details) ), CPP ( u will find in customer master record ) and enter your respective newly defined pricing procedure to these combination of fields...

go to VA01, run ur sales order entering ur material AND the quantity , GO TO ITEM DATA , CONDITION TAB PAGE --- U will find ur answer.....

requesting you to go through the procedure given and understand.

come back if u have any quiries....

rgds,

sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in condition records In VK11 you will be maintaining the price for PR00 condition type

Pr00 will have a access sequence and this condition types are placed in pricing procedure in order and with the help of access sequnce the system picks the pricing for an item from the condition records.

finally u will be assigning the pricing procedure to sales areadoc.pric.procus.pri procedure.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friend,

First of all let me tell you that Item Category doesn’t determine the pricing procedure however it’s only the Item category which determines the relevancy of pricing at Item level. For example an item is priced or free it will be determined by Item Category. As we have TAN and TANN, one item with price and one without. I am sure now it must be clear to you.

Further, Sales area + CPP + DPP determine the pricing procedure that brings the ultimate values from maintained condition records. Now your doubt is how it get calculate in terms of quantity, for that we have maintained a routine ‘4’ calculation type field for ‘Total’ while defining in pricing procedure (standard). Better you go and check it out. Then this routine has some coding to calculate the total pricing according to quantity along with other different features. And hence you get 30$ for 3 items as well.

If still not clear come back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajan.

You have almost understod my question. I am also able to understand a bit. Will you please be bit elaborate it more ? I can put in this way, Is the price detemined in the line item is used in the pricing procedure detemination ? How the final price in the sales doc is derived ? I know it is by pricing procedure detemination. I mean form where all it pulls the information to show up this.

I will certainly reward the points.

0 Kudos

Hi bapi,

In sap pricing is determined through this combination. ie. Sales area (sales organisationdistribution channeldivision) DPP(document pricing procedure)CPP(customer pricing procedure).

Through this combination we can determine which pricing should be given to that sales area + for which customer + for which document type using for that order type.

Then comes the pricing procedure. in which we give the condition records. and in vk11 we maintain records for the condition types.

So when order is given with order type to the combination of sales area and customer it gets the pricing.

hope this helps,

Regards

Preetham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well sales area helps in getting the price for that particular area .. there could be different sales area which would not sell the product or sell it with different material

and Document pricing procedure in turn helps for which document the pricing procedure is relevant

& Customer pricing procedure as for which combination of Doument and customer this pricing has to be relevant

so finally this Zeroes in to a sale area , then to which document the price has to appy and then to which customer that procedure is applicable.

Hope this helps

Cheers