cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Choose APO over others like I2 or Red Pepper or Manugistics?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody explain a reason why somebody choose APO over I2 or Red Pepper or Manugistics? I2, and Red Pepper are excellent tools, so explain the benefits of using APO with some tangibles & intangibles. Appreciate, if somebody can answer this in detail.

Thanks

Shaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shaji -

Take a look at the first thread of this forum and it will give you the functionalities at a high level about APOs Various modules.

also look at the followng links

http://supplychain.ittoolbox.com/groups/vendor-selection/scm-select/saps-apo-vs-i2s-service-parts-ma...

http://expertanswercenter.techtarget.com/eac/knowledgebaseAnswer/0,295199,sid63_gci983770,00.html

http://supplychain.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/scm-select/demand-planning-i2-vs-manugi...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Thanks for the links.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me add a few points

A supply Chain solution can be evaluated on various functionality and technical architecture based parameters like, flexibility in planning, ability to represent the supply network(modeling), collaboration features, support for tracing/tracking (at transactional level), supply chain visibility, supply chain analytics supporting decision making in terms of costs & revenue, advanced planning features like optimizers and forecast models, support for industry specific scenarios like hi-tech , automotive or aero-space defense, support for the trends like CPFR,DDSN and industry best practices like cross docking, technical architecture and interfacing etc. Let’s see consider some of the points

As Ashish pointed out, where ever SAP ERP is the transaction system, APO will score better in terms of interfacing/ integration

as far as the advancing planning features, Manugistics have an edge over APO in terms of forecasting models and niche players like MCA solutions are better than APO in service parts planning & optimization. Most of the players use ILOG as the optimization engine and what differs is the modeling part. From my experience, i2 has an edge here, but SAP is improving it further

APO is better in terms of supporting various industry verticals

In terms of solutions for overall visibility, analytics and track/trace, one will have to consider the whole gamut of SAP applications as they provide a better solution than others ( with BI, AII, EM, ERP combined together)

One of the major drawback in SAP solution is the lack of an integrated approach in planning tools, which helps planning from strategic planning to daily planning. Multiple planning tools ranging from SEM, CRM industry specifics like Retail MAP are not well integrated. ( there are work around which lack flexibility)

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for the helpful links and notes. -Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the ERP system is SAP R/3 ECC - the interface to integrate is pretty smooth and data flow across interface less error prone.

Also the upgrades are lese problematic hence bringing down total cost of ownership.

Also the gaps have now closed between I2 and other vendors as compared to APO as APO is maturing as a product. Based on my own experience implementing tools like i2, Adexa, Manugistics and APO.

Ashish