cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot read archived messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have set up archiving, but I have a problem when trying to read archived messages.

I defined the interfaces, activated the infostructure "SAP_BC_XMB" and sheduled the archive job.

The first step goes fine (archiving), but the second step fails (deleting messages that have been archived). I get the following ABAP runtime error :

Exception condition "NO_DDIC_TYPE" raised.

The eror is similar to the error I found in this SAP note : http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/982407

Now, when I deactivate the infostructure, the second step completes successfully. I then activate the infostructure again. Now I try to read the messages, but I get the error that the message could not be found in the archive.

When I check the infostructure table (ZARIXBC1), it is completely empty. When I try to fill the infostructure (transaction SARI - Status - Status per infostructure - Fill structures) I get the error "NO_DDIC_TYPE" again.

Does anybody has suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi j. kwanten

Have you solved the NO_DDIC_TYPE problem? I encountered exactly the same problem as you.

please tell me if you solved.

Thanks a lot

dhagigeorgiou
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have the same problem.

Have you any more info towards the solution?

Thanks,

Dimitris

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can apply note 1001645, although this note looks not relevant, but it works.

dhagigeorgiou
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

i will try it.

Dimitris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if this thread can help.

Reward points if helpfull............

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think that thread is somehow related to my problem. The "NO_DDIC_TYPE" kind of error is more of a general error I think.

Anyway, I went trough the thread, but the solution is specific for PCUI (whatever that may be).

Sorry, didn't help me.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a SAP note which is solution to your problem. Check out

Note 943027 - XI Archiving Error: Records not inserted in info structure..

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Samanjay