cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passing output of a job to another job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We want to schedule a job with two steps in it. We want the output of one step to be the input at the second step.

Further, can we do insert some validation after the first step so that the output of the first step is filtered and passed to the second step without manual intervention and Z development.

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debnilay,

You can shedule a job to be triggered after an event... or you can use a variant for your second step or add a 3rd step to your job in order to accomodate the validation or filter...

Basically you can do whatever you need as long as you have a program that can run as a batch process... so if you run the first step.. you can filter the results in a second step or you can create a variant for the original second step to filter the results of the first step....

I don't know if this make sence.... Its hard to tell without detailed information of what do you want to achieve.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debinlay,

What you want is not very clear.

However it might be possible. You just need to create proper variants for that and then include them in steps of job in correct sequence.

However you need to explain what you want to achieve just as Juan as pointed out. Otherwise any proposed solution would be absurd.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Thanks for your efforts

We have a job to extract some reocrds from the table EKPO. Some of the records contains errors and we do not want to pass those records to the second step in the job which is t code MRRL.

So is it always true tha the output of a job's first step is an input to the second step. Or we have to make some changes.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debnilay,

No is not, the output of the first step is completely independent of the 2nd step... That's why you can run step 1 and then in step 2 run some tool external or internal to fix the results of step one and then resume with a 3rd step...

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

What tools can we use to fix the output of step one.

Thanks for the help.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debnilay,

About fixing the output of step one... that pretty much depends on what format are you using to export the table... if its a CSV file you can use excel or notepad...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

I dont think flat file is being used here. I guess MRRL wont use flat files.

Hello Deb,

How are you deciding what data in EKPO is erroneous?Please let me know.

Regards.

Ruchit.