cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD experts,

Please explain me, how the (what basis) system is proposing the delivery date in the sales order?

My understanding is that based on the procurement time, production time, transportation, shipping time etc, the system is proposing the delivery date. Is it correct? If not, please tell me the correct one.

Also please confirm, where can i check the each element in system.

Regards

Manivannan R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the system proposes the requested delivery date or you enter it manually based on the customer's req. The system checks for the stocks and gives the same date or earlier than that as requested delivery date. if the stocks are not available and the requested delivery date can't be met then it checks material availability, loading date,goods issue date and transportation planning date.

Hope it helps.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

System will mainly do a Backward scheduling according to the customer requested delivery date. If the material availability date, transportation lead time all met then system proposes the requested delivery date as delivery date.

If the material availability date is not met then the system will do a forward scheduling from that date and then one new date will be proposed by the system as the delivery date.

Sam

0 Kudos

req del date will come from sales doc type setting.

based on this backward scheduling will be done considering pick/packtime, load time from shipping point, and transportation lead time , transit time from route. if the date arrived in backward scheduling(mat avilable date) is after order creation date then system will do forward scheduling to arrive new delivery date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

well basically it depends on the schedule line Category so delivey is basically based on what schedule lines you have defined + the Availability of material where it takes the replenishment lead time calculation if the material is not available.

Hope this helps

Cheers